• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED looking for a 338 RUM

jeff 300

I have a friend looking for a 338 RUM mid weight 8-10# 26-28" barrel SS with a brake would be great. Could be a barreled action if the price is right savage,Rem, win action what ever.

I may have what you want. A 340 WBY barreled action with muzzle break. Heavy varmint configuration on a FN commercial benchrest action. I could send photos if interested. 30 inch Hart barrel. Could be re-chambered to 338 ultra-mag. George

I have a Remington 700 LSS w/ 26" tube in great condition. Factory original except trigger pull adjusted to 2.5 lbs crisp plus I've dulled down the shiney stock with fine steel wool. Doesn't need much else. Comes with SS Talley rings/bases plus a proven Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10 44mm stainless finish scope plus a bunch of CorBon 225 gr Barnes factory ammo plus a Hunter leather padded gun case. One of the most accurate rifles that I own. Great elk and grizz killer!

Email me at [email protected] if your buddy is interested.

I have two and only need one.

One is a Rem 700 custom, cerakoted, green "McSwirly" stock, Williams bottom metal, radial brake, 26" barrel. Shoots sub MOA with factory. Not light, but still just over 10# with heavy scope. Probably take $1,700.

Two is HS Precision LA2000. 26 barrel, brake, thread protector, two magazines, SH camo pattern, a bit lighter. I think $2,100 is about right, look at prices on new ones. Again sub MOA.

I haven't found the time to dial either in, but I am pretty sure they can shoot even better. Both are hunted with and have some small nicks and such.

Re: looking for a 338 RUM - correction

My apologies - too many rifles - while taking pictures, I discovered this is not an HS precision, but a Rem 700 with an HS precision stock. Not sure why it was in my head as an HS Preicsion - I think now, original owner sent it to HSP for stock, brake, magazine, trigger work, etc. Its been a while. Obviously this changes price a bit. Like $1,500.

I have a like new Remington Custom Shop 700 (AWR)Alaskan Wilderness Rifle in 338 RUM with break. Has Leupold dual dovetail mounts with heavy duty 8/40 threads/screws. Also have 6 or 7 boxes of factory ammo only been on one hunt and to the range a few times. $1400,00 I may even be interested in a partial trade. If interested give me a call or text I can send pics Tim 734-735-1528

I have a like new Remington Custom Shop 700 (AWR)Alaskan Wilderness Rifle in 338 RUM with break. Has Leupold dual dovetail mounts with heavy duty 8/40 threads/screws. Also have 6 or 7 boxes of factory ammo only been on one hunt and to the range a few times. $1450,00 weapon only ammo may be purchased separately. I may even be interested in a partial trade. If interested give me a call or text I can send pics Tim 734-735-1528

If your interested in going the savage route, I would go to gun broker and find a savage 116 in 300 rum. Afterwards I would get a 338 rum barrel or an edge. With the 338 rum you don't have to worry about head spacing if you reload. You could also find a 375 h&h savage and do the same thing. FYI some savage 375 h&h are a small shank. Good luck in your choice.