Looking for a .30 BR Reamer

Utah Shotgunner

Suggestions?

Neither 'smith locally has one. Each has agreed to purchase with me paying half and they keep the reamer. I'd rather just purchase it and keep it myself.

I haven't built a rifle in years and all were standard calibers that the 'smiths already had so I haven't had to purchase a reamer.

Thanks,

Mike

Call up pacific tool and gauge and order the reamer to your specs for $140. Have your gunsmith chamber the barrel and then sell it on ebay . i gaurntee you will get a $100 plus. Or keep it for future use they are a pretty good investiment. Paying half is only a good deal for the gunsmith.

[ QUOTE ]
Call up pacific tool and gauge and order the reamer to your specs for $140. Have your gunsmith chamber the barrel and then sell it on ebay . i gaurntee you will get a $100 plus. Or keep it for future use they are a pretty good investiment. Paying half is only a good deal for the gunsmith.

[/ QUOTE ]

reed,

Thanks! I emailed them today and will give them a call during business hours tomorrow.

Mike

The parts for this rifle are slowly coming together.

I have been reading from my collection of American Rifleman from the 1930's and an article inspired this question. Can I have my machinist make a matching sizing die with the chamber reamer?

Thanks,

Mike

I ordered one from Pacific Tool and Gauge last year. Dave Kiff made it to my specs. I had a no turn neck and wanted the throat a bit longer than the Robinette version. Not sure if you know of this site: 30BR Guide - 30 BR Benchrest Lapua Cartridge with Reloading, .308 Bullet, Accuracy, and Competition Info You can get some ideas of the specs you might want.

I don't have a slower twist barrel like most of the 30 BR guys, it was a 308, a 1 in 10. I wanted to be able to seat 125s to 168s without the 168s seated too deeply. Both extremes of bullet weights can be placed into the rifling if desired.

I did end up skim neck turn the necked up 7 BR brass .0005" off the total OD. It sure is a fun round. I shoot it a great deal during the blazing summer months here in S. Az. and can shoot 10 shots through the heavy barrel before it gets warm, hot would take at least 15 rounds

This is the second reamer from Pacific. I like their work and will certainly use them again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.