Looking for 6.5-06AI reamer/gunsmith

TallSDYoteHunter

Looking for some help to find a smith with a 6.5-06ackley reamer to work on my proof research barrel, new barrel that I would like to get rechamberd to this cal. Been set back already just needs to get the chamber breachface set and headspaced. Any help would be great. I am in South Dakota closer to me is better. Thanks

Best suggestion: Go 6.5x284. Better cartridge overall and you can get Lapua brass. I had a 6.5-06 and wasn't that impressed.

Kirby Allen has one. He built a fine 6.5-06 for me back around 2008. It has become one of my favorite practice and hunting rifles. Barrel is a tight twist that shoots the 156 Bergers at 3,000 fps.

Any contact info?

thanks for another suggestion, but i love my 6.5-06ai rounds, i can make brass from many others, i have all the dies and set up i need, Have some great loads that shoot very close to 6.5nosler (with a 27in barrel) just want to go carbon and got a chance to. Saving some weight, and i love the way I can load up of down, shoot fast or slow down to creedmor range. And yes the dies and set up is right here no need to add to the die collection and start learning a new cartridge again

Kirby is on this forum as Fiftydriver. website is: apsrifles.com. Both he and Shawn Carlock were gunsmiths that rose to the top early in the LRH movement. Both build fantastic rifles and are known for pushing the envelope. To them, it's more than just gunsmithing and building the rifles, they love the longrange game.

Looking for some help to find a smith with a 6.5-06ackley reamer to work on my proof research barrel, new barrel that I would like to get rechamberd to this cal. Been set back already just needs to get the chamber breachface set and headspaced. Any help would be great. I am in South Dakota closer to me is better. Thanks

Noticed that you did not mention the action that you are working with?? Dennis Olson in Plains, Montana, don't know how close that is for you, but......I live in Rhode Island and have been using his services for years. Good gunsmith, does meticulous work and turn around time is good. My next rifle will be a 6.5-06, but right now I have two in the making. Good luck with rechamber job.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.