Looking for 270 Wby Mag load

TRB&B

I was looking for a load for my Mark 5 270 Weatherby Mag, I have picked out my bullets as I have had Great luck with them for the past 20+ yrs. They are 150gr. Sierra Game Kings B.T. These loads will be used mostly for whitetail & maybe a Mule Deer every now and then. Please if there is anyone out there that know something about this load or loads and don't care to share it would be of Great help. Thank you very much for your help David.

I was looking for a load for my Mark 5 270 Weatherby Mag, I have picked out my bullets as I have had Great luck with them for the past 20+ yrs. They are 150gr. Sierra Game Kings B.T. These loads will be used mostly for whitetail & maybe a Mule Deer every now and then. Please if there is anyone out there that know something about this load or loads and don't care to share it would be of Great help. Thank you very much for your help David.

I've got a MK. V. in 270 mag, and I'll dig up my loads for you (where ever I have them stashed). I'm just starting to do some work with RL 25, and taking a serious look at MAGPRO, but data is extremely sketchey. I did find some nice data over on the Accurate website. Forget the Hogdon's manual; it's a joke!
gary

My dad had one that shot the 130's very well with RL19. He tried some RL25 but it didn't shoot the 130's very well but the RL19 shot them very well.

Thank everyone for the replys, and I would very much welcome more, I'll give the RL-25 a try as well. I already have a great load for the 130gr. But I would very much like to come up with go to load for the GameKing 150gr SPBT. So please if anyone has anything to offer please share with me.
Thank you David:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.