looking for 270 150 gr bullets

roundss

I have the Berger bullets, they're great, but I am looking for something like a rebated boattail but not the Wildcats. I have nothing against Richard but he's too busy to make bullets (or at least the ones I'm looking for). I don't fault him for that but I am looking for some bullets to test and I don't want to wait any longer.

If anyone has a link or phone # for someone making high BC bullets as good or better than the Bergers in 270, 150 gr rebated boattail, vld, please let me know.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am amazed nobody has said there are other bullets that are as good or better than Berger (in the 150 gr class). I know I said not Wildcat but availibility is the only issue there.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I guess that says something about Berger and the lack of other great 270 bullets. The tribe has spoken.................by not speaking I guess.

Is there a better bullet than the Berger? Perhaps the Hornady SST with a BC of .525, but I do not have any experience with them.

I used to shoot the SST's in 7mm and would take the Bergers over them any day of the week.

I have no experience with them in .270 though.

This post sums up the reason why my .270AM is turning into a .338 Edge. The .270Am is an outstanding cartridge but underachieving in it's ability without an appropirate projectile.

This post sums up the reason why my .270AM is turning into a .338 Edge. The .270Am is an outstanding cartridge but underachieving in it's ability without an appropirate projectile.

Why not use the 169.5 ULDRBBT?

Why not use the 169.5 ULDRBBT?

I would have loved to. Have you tried to get any? I've had no luck aquiring any or even getting a response. A member of this board was kind enough to offer me some but other than that I found them to be basically unavailable.

It's a moot point now because I got a bad .277 barrel. After trying unsuccessfully to get some of the aforementioned bullets from Richard I saw the hand writing on the wall and replaced the barrel to a .338

Derek C.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.