looking for 2018 hunt recommendations.

There is no way I would pay an outfitter $2300 for that antelope hunt they have on their website unless they had B&C bucks on that ranch and they are advertising 14" up to 16" if you're lucky. Everything they say about herd numbers is accurate about unit 23 because it's almost all private land and the Type 2 licenses for private land in unit 23 are easy to get without going into the draw. If you have that kind of money to burn, then that is probably the place to go.

I hunted with SNS Outfitters in 2016 for my first ever Antelope Hunt. 4 of us went and we all killed Nice Bucks in 2 Days.

We are planning to go back again this year. They offer several different packages. Great Guides and PLENTY of Antelope.

http://huntwyo.com/

Attachments

• IMG950198-1.jpg
    IMG950198-1.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 217
SnS is the biggest outfitter in Wyoming and has more ranches leased for antelope and deer that any other and that's who I'd go with for antelope.

i have emailed a few wyoming outfitters.
this one has caught my eye. http://www.huntthepeak.com/

does anyone have experience with them or recommend a specific outfit?

So much depends on what your expectations are. If you want a good representative antelope there are a number of budget oriented outfitters that can do a good job.
But if you are looking for a real big buck, say 80+, you will have to pay a premium and go with an outfitter that has top quality trophies. In my younger days I went on a number of low budget hunts with the expectation I would get lucky and get a big one. That never happened. I eventually upped the ante and got a couple of real good bucks.
The best areas in Wyoming have incredible numbers of antelope. You have to experience first hand how much fun it is to see endless numbers. I get excited just thinking about my last hunt.

If you would rather go with a smaller family ran operation send me a message and I will give you their contact information.

Heck, if all your wanting is Meat, then Public Land would be a LOT cheaper. Doe Tags are easy to get in most units and you guys can hunt at your own pace and have a good time.

My buddies and I are trying to figure out where we ought to go for a public land doe hunt in WY this year, too. I've driven across the northern third of Wyoming, but it has been almost five years, so I'm just trying to come up with places we can go and still find lodging within commuting distance.

My buddies and I are trying to figure out where we ought to go for a public land doe hunt in WY this year, too. I've driven across the northern third of Wyoming, but it has been almost five years, so I'm just trying to come up with places we can go and still find lodging within commuting distance.[/Q

Not sure what happened there. Go piblic land DIY. Way cheaper than guided and unless you're holding out for a trophy, it's not a hard hunt. Look into the areas around the central part of the state. Lots of public land and lots of goats.

Thanks! Not being out there, I'm just trying to figure out where I can actually get into versus needing to find someone to let me pay a trespass fee.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.