Looking at O/U’s

Personally I don't understand why you would want a U/O if you can own a semi auto with no special permit as you can in the USA?
I'd trade my Miroku for one any day if I could

Weight and balance mainly. My Citori is a heck of a lot lighter than my Browning Silver. I usually cover 10 miles a day, so it makes a difference. And a quick handling 28ga when hunting grouse is just plain fun!

Personally I don't understand why you would want a U/O if you can own a semi auto with no special permit as you can in the USA?
I'd trade my Miroku for one any day if I could

Semi-auto's are allowed in Trap and Skeet World Cups and the Olympics, but I doubt you will ever see one there, because the competitors find they are more accurate with an O/U, and O/Us are more reliable.

You can also choke the two barrels differently. You can more easily check for barrel obstructions.

I want an auto for target shooting and for heavy waterfowl loads, but I want an O/U for upland hunting.

I have a couple of B. Rizzinis handled by Fierce Firearms. 28ga, 20ga, 16ga, and 12ga. Love them because MY DAD's Citori fit me really well and these use the same or similar dimensions.
Love my Rizzini also. I'm a lefty so I had to order mine because just about no shops have cast on stocks in their inventory. Ordered a 20ga with 30" barrel for sporting clays and field hunting. I ran a cross a 28ga with 30s for $500 fitted so I that was in my pocket. I started to think now if I could find a 410ga 30" for my frame I would be in pig heaven and I did but it was expensive. Saying all that now I have my 3 barrel set and just love the way those 30" barrels swing through on clays. If I was to buy just a field gun it would be with 28" barrels in 28ga because if you hit the bird where you are suppose to that bird will drop. Love the 28ga. I have good friend in GA who is also a Rizzini owner and he has a duck load that he says it's death on duck. Just my thoughts. I have a number of O/U but the Italian is my go to.

My wife and I went to the B Rizzini factory and met Mr. Rizzini and was given a tour by his daughter. It was a great experience. I wanted to buy another gun but, no, the trip was already expensive.

Semi-auto's are allowed in Trap and Skeet World Cups and the Olympics, but I doubt you will ever see one there, because the competitors find they are more accurate with an O/U, and O/Us are more reliable.

You can also choke the two barrels differently. You can more easily check for barrel obstructions.

I want an auto for target shooting and for heavy waterfowl loads, but I want an O/U for upland hunting.
Yep, some days the 11-87 or 391 will feel just fine and then there are days it feels like a broomstick. The O/U rules in competitive shotgun sports for a reason - once fitted, it feels right every day.

Like most have said ,,,fit is everything. I have always been kind of partial to Citori's. Have them from 12-28 gauges. My favorite is an older 28" 20ga Hunter model that has fixed chokes I/M. It's killed more that all the others combined. It along with a couple of 525's just fit.

My first shotgun was a Western Auto .410. Golly, I can't begin to wonder how much game I got with that shotgun. Then I got a chance to trade it for a 12 gauge. My reasoning..."Just imagine how much more game I can harvest with way more pellets". One of the many mistakes I have made in my life. LOL. My next shotgun will be a 20 gauge.

Old thread I know but SAVAGE has some incredible inexpensive great shooting O/U's out again. I have some Beretta's and Brownings. Best dang value I ever bought were two Savage 555E's a 12 and 410. They have the best looking wood of any of them and I shoot them equal to the best one of all the others. Best part is I payed 30% of the cheapest B's. I can have just about any fancy bling bling gun with a partner and people grab the Savage first to look at it. I laugh my arse off when they turn it to see who made it, and have that total WTH look they can't get rid of.

I've tried about every o/u grouse hunting and my choice is a 26" 20 gaug. It's by far the easiest to carry with enough horsepower to bring them down. 12 gauge was just too heavy. 28 gauge was a little weak (I thought) on WV grouse. I carried a 12 gauge auto loader one year and thought my arms were going to fall off.

I use a 28ga on the largest grouse in N.A., the sage grouse. 1oz of #6 is 1oz of #6, seems to work out of a 20ga or 28ga.

I like my franchi aspire 28ga. Although I've thought of selling it multiple times haha