Looking at new presses

demarpaint

I was looking into buying another press to use alongside a older Rockchucker Supreme I have. I searched the archives, and I see there are a few new players in the market. The Forster Co-Ax [tried and true] gets some rave reviews here, and the new RCBS Rebel looks very good.

Rather than bring up an old thread I thought I'd start from scratch. Any feedback is appreciated, especially opinons on the Rebel, I don't think it's in the hands of many reloaders yet. Thanks.

Real impressed with an RCBS Summit I bought and added to the Rockchucker I have now. Seems to produce very straight loaded rounds and has float like some of the other newer presses. Mec Marksman is another good newer press design. Good Luck in your choices.....:)
The Summit looks interesting, thanks. And thanks for the other replies. I'm pretty much sold on another single stage press.

Last edited:
I just purchased a new press, I have an old Lyman All American press that is a 4 hole Turret, I was thinking of the Lyman 8 hole and the Redding T7, however since I load most rifle cartridges, I went with the Frankford Arsenal M Press, I wanted a Forster CO-AX, but for several months I could never find them in stock, one location stated mid December for expected delivery.. I was able to find the M Press at Amazon for 189.99 new, everywhere else has it at 249.00, I had 99.00 reward points on my Credit card and pulled the trigger. It supposed to arrive today, cannot wait to see how it works.

RUM caliber, 338 Lapua - big magnums require a big press. Lee Classic Cast (iron) works great. Also have an RCBS Jr
The single stage I use the most is my Co-Ax.

They all work for their intended use -- it's the primer removal design that sets them apart. Used to have two RC-II, what a mess!
IMO, the primer removal catch on the RCBS RC-II sucks ballz. The Jr is *much* better, but still messy. The Co-Ax is clean, works great, but will occasionally get clogged (very easy to clear, usually with just a pipe cleaner), and the Lee is the best, like a 4" waste drain.

Last edited:
I'm still torn between the RCBS Rebel and the Forster Co-Ax. Probably a waste of $$, considering I haven't come across anything my RC Supreme couldn't handle, but why not? I'm not into a turret style press so I pretty much ruled them out. The only question I have about the Forster Co-Ax is can it handle loading for a 30-338 Lapua? That is currently the biggest round I load for, I do however see loading for a .338 Lapua at some point.

The only question I have about the Forster Co-Ax is can it handle loading for a 30-338 Lapua? That is currently the biggest round I load for, I do however see loading for a .338 Lapua at some point.
You might, but long OAL cartridges are easier to handle on the Lee or another "long stroke" press.
See for yourself.
L to R, 338 LM / 338 Edge/ 7 LRM
I load 7LRM on the Co-Ax.
20201024_094412.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.