Looking at an Annealeez

As far as annealing, I suspect either unit will produce like and repeatable results.
As I understand, AMP figures out the optimal annealing time itself, which is pretty nice. Giruad/Fluxeon requires me to use Templaq to figure out the appropriate annealing time. Once determined, I store the annealing time in a log - that helps when going from one caliber to another and back again.

AMP requires you to manually insert each case into the unit. Giraud lets me load up a hopper.

There are exceptions to every rule; I don't know how AMP handles thinned neck walls. I've annealed some brass that was converted from one caliber to another and required that the necks be thinned. I ended up running a special process with the Giruad/Fluxeon to ensure the shoulder reached the proper temperature without overheating (read that, MELTING) the thinned neck. I have no idea how or if AMP handles that special need.

Yes, an induction annealer is very capable of easily melting a case. I had to prove it just because. I'm a guy :)

I am an accuracy minded hunter, not a competition shooter. I am thinking about getting an annealer to increase case life and to help in forming some wild cat cartridges. Better ES's would be a nice bonus, too.

For my needs, the Annealeez looks to be the best option: 1) it does a satisfactory job; 2) easy to set-up; 3) has a hopper so I don't need to individually feed cases; 4) on the lower end of the cost scale.

The salt bath method is even cheaper than the Annealeez, but I am not so thrilled about baby sitting a pot of molten salt, nor the need to hand feed each case. The Bench Source, Giraud, and AMP are good units, but are "more better" than my needs require with a substantial increase in costs.

For those with annealing experience, am I on the right track with the Annealeez? Any other units I should consider?

Ran my first round through today....all I can say is....

easy to setup....yes
Easy to program...yes
Easy to get desired results....yes
Better than others....who knows..what is better than good?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.