Looking at a 6.5 PRC Ridgeline??

jmaars

Just want one, I have a little project. I have a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 CM, And a 300 PRC Browning X-Bolt and just want to compare the 6.5 PRC and looking at the Ridgeline? Thoughts

I've got a creedmoor and my dads got a prc in the ridgeline. Both of us changed out stocks but both were hammers. Can be a bit finicky to load for but once you find a load they'll shoot. Triggers pretty good but I prefer the jewell. Just expect to swap stocks

Just my 2 cents, I don't own a Christensen rifle, but I've seen enough on here to be leary of them. I too am in the market for a 6.5PRC but I'm really leaning towards a Howa Walnut Hunter, can't say I've ever heard anyone say that they had issues with a Howa.

I have a 6.5x284 ridgeline, has excessive freebore, but 156 bergers shoot great, sub half moa with a very large seating depth node. I did switch out stocks as the CA sporter has crap ergos and is heavy.

Friend got one in Prc. Stock flex was bad enough he took it straight to the smith for bedding. I did load development and got it to .5 on average. He had no issue with 1100 yard hits this summer. Yesterday he killed a mule deer in Montana at 420. He's happy.

I bought one this summer, 6.5 PRC Ti. Little over 100 rounds now and settled in nicely at 3/4" with factory loads and a bit better with hand loads. I have no issues with the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.