lookin for a new rifle

300 HART

im lookin to get a new rifle in 308 or 30-06.
here is some of the rifles i have in mind.
marlin xl7
tc venture
tc icon
savage maybe
browning x-bolt
remington 700 cdl

let me know what yall think good and bad about the guns thanks!

Of the rifles you listed, for the money it would be tough to beat the Marlin.
It has an Accu type trigger(pretty fail), better feeling stock with a good soft pad, is pretty accurate and they come with Weaver style bases. The TC's are heavy, the Remingtons are twice the money and truly the only value besides would be the Howas, and they are a little more. PS buy the Marlin soon as the people (Freedom Group) who own Remington just bought them...

Of the rifles you listed, for the money it would be tough to beat the Marlin.
It has an Accu type trigger(pretty fail), better feeling stock with a good soft pad, is pretty accurate and they come with Weaver style bases. The TC's are heavy, the Remingtons are twice the money and truly the only value besides would be the Howas, and they are a little more. PS buy the Marlin soon as the people (Freedom Group) who own Remington just bought them...
You forgot to point out a negative thing about the savage, other than the marlin is a copy... I'd go with a savage, there is a nice aftermarket so you could change anything you might not like. Plus you can do everything yourself!

Out of the two you named it would be the 30-06. If i got a choice it would be the 7mm rem mag or 300. wsm in a browning a-bolt or Remington model 700

Tikka is hard to beat in the lower price range, I also like savage for all the options available in aftermarket parts and easy barrel swap. I would go with the 308 over 30-06, near identical ballistics and better accuracy usually.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.