look who was waiting for me

Mosquito's are just part of life in many parts of the USA. I have vivid memories working as a procurement forester in Southern Mississippi in the 1970's not long after getting my degree in Forestry from Utah State University. I distinctly recall being resistant to mosquito's after working for nearly a year down there outside 80+percent of the time.

The worst mosquito experience I recall was a place called Mosquito Flats in the Sierra Nevada range at the end of the road up Rock Creek west of Tom's Place as a teenager. My memory is swarms of mosquito's when there regardless of activity. Checking the Forest Service web site for the Inyo National Forest. Mosquito Flat is at the end of Rock Creek Road. My visits there were with my father and I have not been back due to moving away from California in the early '60's.

When I was a kid of 15 I worked at Lion Country Safari out of West Palm Beach and the mosquitos were so thick the ranchers lost several cows a week smothered by the cloud of Mosquitos and we would pick them up to feed the lions

When I was a kid of 15 I worked at Lion Country Safari out of West Palm Beach and the mosquitos were so thick the ranchers lost several cows a week smothered by the cloud of Mosquitos and we would pick them up to feed the lions
They are bad down in the southern swamps. While stationed at Ft Stewart GA you literally could hear them 5 minutes before they arrived. Thick clouds of them just heading your way. I found one full of blood crawling on the dirt during one of our field briefings.

The mosquitos can get really bad in Alaska, but the worse mosquitos I have ever seen was on the Kamchatka Pen. in Russia.

Haha! I remember chasing the "fogger" truck through the neighborhood as a kid back in the 70's... surprised I don't have a 3rd eye or something. 😆
I was the fogger truck on the farm. Dad dumped some terrible bottle of stuff in the old willies and I would blast around until lightheaded...Up here you can hunt the big five. Black flies, ticks, deer flies, mosquitoes and all jaws.

Recent Posts