look who was waiting for me

P7M13

LRH Team Member
Opened the crawl space to grab a lamp, and I have a guard at the sill.
Hard to see from the photo, but cephalothorax & abdomen are ~9/16"

Attachments

• 20210602_111408.jpg
    20210602_111408.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 118

26Reload

Nasty.....i opened a drawer in an old cabinet in a warehouse..closed that drawer really fastlike....
It was clearly a female widow....
That entire cabinet got hosed with spider killer.....

M77Fan

Years back I sold furniture. The Lazy Boy Recliner collection was in the old barn part of the red barn store. I had a nice elderly lady customer sitting in a recliner, trying it out, when a big fat black widow dropped out of the old rafters on her fine silk right onto the top of the back of that chair. I casually reached over with the metal inventory file box I had in my hand and squashed it, then kind of rubbed it off onto the floor. My customer, thankfully, was never the wiser. Could have been waaay different.

I wear leather gloves when I reach into undisturbed dark corners around here.

Old rooster

Back in the 90's I got bit by a Black Widow on my hand and a red streak going up the arm.
They did a blood test to make sure the type of spider and got meds to stop it.
Got sick but better in a few days and went back to work.Like I said I HATE SPIDERS!

sm31

Certainly is one big perk to living in Alaska! Basically no bugs of any kind to be concerned about. I heard ticks may be on their way here but I haven't seen one yet.

But Alaskans do love to whine about mosquitos... which I guess is really a matter of perspective. Having spent most of my life within 40 miles of the TX/LA border, I find the AK mosquito "problem" a little bit hilarious and over stated. Have to reach a couple hundred miles past Fairbanks before they really get impressive by bayou standards... 😅

xsn10s

Certainly is one big perk to living in Alaska! Basically no bugs of any kind to be concerned about. I heard ticks may be on their way here but I haven't seen one yet.

But Alaskans do love to whine about mosquitos... which I guess is really a matter of perspective. Having spent most of my life within 40 miles of the TX/LA border, I find the AK mosquito "problem" a little bit hilarious and over stated. Have to reach a couple hundred miles past Fairbanks before they really get impressive by bayou standards... 😅
Yeah the mosquitos in Alaska were as bad as in Georgia and the Midwest. In Georgia I could hear them 5 minutes before the "cloud" of them hit me.

Recent Posts