Longrange Shooting and Tweekers???

Tweekers my ***! Down here they're known as crack-heads, dopers, snorters, etc.! Only thing they're fit for is screwing up good air!!

I was down in Colorado Springs earlier this year. Hit some of the local pawn shops to see what they had for guns just in case something worth a darn had been sold to them. Found mostly crap that no one else wanted.
While at one place this guy in his mid 20's came in with a CD that he had either found on the street or in a dumpster and was trying to sell it for $0.50 or whatever the guy at the counter would give him. The guy at the counter told him no he didn't want it. Told him 3 times and finally told him to get out. The guy finally left and I had to go out to my truck to get something and found the guy walking around MY truck. Told him to get away from my truck. He didn't pay any attention to me. Finally told him I was going to Kick his *** if he didn't and he finally left.
Next stop I made I was waiting to talk to a clerk that was checking to see if they could do a bit better price on a gun for me when the Girl came in carrying a metal detector. You could tell from the conversation with the clerk that she had no idea what it was or how it was used. You could only tell that she needed money. She was hmm bouncing off the walls the whole time. The clerk gave her $50 for it and when paid she tore out of there like on fire. The metal detector was about a $700 metal detector and she had no idea what it was worth. I kept wondering what vehicle she had stolen it out of.
I was even asked at one of the pawn shops if I was carrying concealed. When I asked why I was told that the night before there had been two shootings down the street and that someone had been found dead behind one of the business. He also said that the druggie's watched everything in that area and you had to be careful.
Don't think I could live in that kind of environment.
I lived in KC,Ks for a while and the first night I was there and got the cable turned on so I could watch TV I see the news and they were talking about all the murders the night before. All I could say was Culture Shock.
I'm retired LEO and believe me, I worked in a county that had a reservation on it and never seen anything like what you guys call tweekers there. Maybe a bit in the rest of the county but we worked hard to keep that kind of thing in check. Oh well guess I'm getting old.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.