i am finding it hard to concentrate after reading this

Elk - 400 (.375 AI)

Shiras Moose 400+ (.375 H&H)

Pronghorn - 430 (.375 AI)
110 ( S&W 44 mag., open sights)

Coyote - 280 (.375 AI)

Mule Deer - approx. 350 (.375 AI)

Whitetail - <100 (.308 Win.)

Nutria Rat - approx 80 (4" 38 Special @ night)

Duck - approx 200 to 220 ( .375 AI [sitting on water]) :eek:

Crow - approx 150, flying (.223 Rem)

Jack Rabbit - approx 100 ( S&W 44 Mag, open sights)

memtb

i cant even concentrate after reading about the crow at 150.

Coyote 902 yds 6.5-284
Hog 856 yds 284 win
Duck 175 yds (lasered) with a .22 pistol on a pond
Cow bird 70ish yds flying with .22 rifle
Coyote with a .40s&w 1911 at 295yds.
Had witnesses on all but the two coyotes, I still barely believe it myself.

i am finding it hard to concentrate after reading this

i cant even concentrate after reading about the crow at 150.
Honestly that's not particularly a difficult shot to believe at all if you have some experience watching it done or doing something similar A crow on a wire gives you a target very close to what a prairie dog standing on a mound presents and an easier target than one just walking around. PD's are just about the size of a large warf rat.

Actually I was feeding my cows and one ran by. So I picked up a rock a chunked it and it hit him on the head. He didnt move a muscle after it hit him. I am still amazed at that one.
I saw one broad daylight and thought if I haul *** on my Honda 400xr I could put the boots to it going by and kill it. Well, as I went to kick it at 40 mph my boot scooped too low and the sob end up in my lap. I freaked, it sprayed, I crashed and the skunk got away scott free. Your story I like much better.

My old football coach and his brother used to hunt skunks with baseball bats. One would taunt it and keep it's attention while the other would run by for the kill. Unbelievable story unless you knew these guys. They trained the best bird dogs I've ever seen.

I saw one broad daylight and thought if I haul *** on my Honda 400xr I could put the boots to it going by and kill it. Well, as I went to kick it at 40 mph my boot scooped too low and the sob end up in my lap. I freaked, it sprayed, I crashed and the skunk got away scott free. Your story I like much better.

You have me beat! A video of that would be priceless.

This was before GoPro or good camera phones but my buddy was there and watched the whole clustermuck. When I got up and recovered I looked back to see him rolling on the ground laughing until he ****ed himself. Tears were in his eyes from laughter, tears were in my eyes from being tear gassed by that dirty skunk. I was choking and gagging and puking. Never again have I messed with a skunk.

This was before GoPro or good camera phones but my buddy was there and watched the whole clustermuck. When I got up and recovered I looked back to see him rolling on the ground laughing until he ****ed himself. Tears were in his eyes from laughter, tears were in my eyes from being tear gassed by that dirty skunk. I was choking and gagging and puking. Never again have I messed with a skunk.

One day I walked into the garage and something caught my eye. There was skunk trapped in the window between the screen. I had to take a minute to figure what just what I was seeing. Then I had to figure out how to get the rascal out. I had some starting fluid and thought " this should incapacitate him".....but no. The window screen was screwed onto the frame ( more logical thinking on y end). Some how I managed to get the screws out and he ran off. How I didn't get sprayed is beyond me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.