Longer magazine

freebird63

I have a Sendero 300RUM, I am still playing around with bullet OAL's, but had a question for the ones smarter then I, do you think it would be possible to make the magazine longer in this gun, the reason for this is for the handloads that are longer then the magazine, I really don't want to make my rifle into a single shot. Would it be worth the money if it can be done????
Something tells me it might be spendy.
And yes I am obsessing over accuracy and getting my bullet as close to the lands as possible.

I have a Sendero 300RUM, I am still playing around with bullet OAL's, but had a question for the ones smarter then I, do you think it would be possible to make the magazine longer in this gun, the reason for this is for the handloads that are longer then the magazine, I really don't want to make my rifle into a single shot. Would it be worth the money if it can be done????

Check out:
Wyatt's Center Feed Extended Magazine Box with Follower Remington 700 BDL Long Action - MidwayUSA and/or
Wyatt's Extended Window Magazine Box Remington 700 BDL Long Action for Ultra Magnum - MidwayUSA

They're not fancy, just stamped stainless steel. I don't know what a gunsmith would charge to install one. It's something you can do yourself if you have a mill or a steady hand and a file. Here are the basic instructions: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Should not be to bad to do. Your acouple of 1/10`s of an inch shorter than the 06 and you should be able to just switch out magizines for that much.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.