long Rem 700 guard screws???

Where could I find long trigger guard screws in stainless? Hex head preferred but will use slotted.

Thanks

Pete

The action screws are 1/4x28tpi and can be found at most hardware stores. You can also find them in Brownell's.

You will have to bevel the back side of the screw head and trim to length. (Easy).

I change all of my action screws to hex head because they are easier to torque.

J E CUSTOM

Local hardware has no stainless. Neither do the big blue or orange box stores.

And Brownell's apparently only has blued. Looking for stainless not only for appearance but also corrosion resistance.

I'm going to have to order from McMaster-Carr then trim and dress as needed.

Thanks for the leg work!

Pete

Brownells does have guard screws for the 700 in S.S. ,,,, they're just not of the "extra long" variety. Many of those screws that are used with S.S. actions are chrome plated, not S.S. The reason. S.S against S.S. can gall badly without lubrication. Add lub to any threaded conection and the torque values change. As for "the added corrosion resisitance",,,,,,, blouder dash! 416R can and will rust. If I thought I just had to have S.S. screws for appearance sake, I'd buy the long blued ones, fit 'um, and bake on some a 'aluminum' colored spray paint. Problem solved without a lot of 'hoop-la'.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.