Long Range Varmint Thumbholes All Colors Now In Stock - Free Shipping Promo

Stocky

<strong>SPONSOR</STRONG>
Hi Everyone!

Just a note to let you know shipments of our outstanding Long Range Varmint M700 stocks from Remington have/are arriving this week thru the end of the month. Short actions came yesterday and longs due very soon.

In case you haven't seen them, we think they are the finest varmint thumbholes on the market, sport a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, sling studs PLUS we added another forend stud for your bipod. Sixteen colors in gloss or satin finish. Remington makes them exclusively for us.

LRV_thumb.jpg

For the LRH forum members only: Use Promo Code 'LRHLRV' for $16 off.

This makes it so you can ship ground essentially free but I did it that way because I thought some folks would like to upgrade to overnite, 2nd or 3rd Day Air for Christmas. This will take the 16 bucks off the entire order so have at it.

The Sporters are arriving soon also, I'll post when they get here.

Thanks, Don

I ordered on of these Long Range Laminate Thumbholes two weeks ago for a Savage and I was really impressed with it when it came out of the box. However it was far from a "drop in" fit and had to have some exstensive work done to it for it to fit and as a result it cracked between the actions screws. The stock is a truely beautiful piece of wood and I was very impressed with it and for only $199 its a great value. If mine would have fit correctly and not cracked out I would have ordered several more for my other small caliber rifles because they are very very pretty!!

You ordered the wrong stock, why didn't you call me!!! There's several short action Savage receivers, if you get the right one they drop right in! The LRS/LRV only comes for the 4.40" Centerfeed rifles, there's other models for other receivers.

NEVER do anything but minor tweeks to our stocks without checking with us first, they simply don't need it with standard factory rifles.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-template/policy/Page#Savage

Savage / Stevens 200 Short Action (fits the newer 4.40" Top Load / Centerfeed only) stocks have been fitted to the Stevens 200 barreled action, very minor modifications may be necessary for other models (such as the Savage 10 short action.) These units are for blind magazines (no floorplate, trigger guard inlet only.) You may either convert your rifle to a blind magazine (just get a few inexpensive parts by calling Savage's parts department, click here for the parts needed) if it's not already, or have the bottom of the stock machined for your hinged or DM floorplate by a qualified individual.

Last edited:
I did order the correct stock for my rifle however I encountered some pretty odd problems. I called Stockys and talked to Don and we got it all figured out and he took care of me the way a good business owner should. I'm very pleased with the level of service he provided. This will be the 3rd stock I've ordered from him and I will continue to order from him in the future. A+++

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.