Long Range topic on Accurate Reloading

Dave King

Isn't it great, I really do look forward to those discussions.

I actually believe we converted a couple of guys on the "neverending" MatchKing thread.

Nate Haler

Indeed I can appreciate that the best test is personal experience, so I will try the MatchKing (on game animals), and I apologize for any offense taken at my comments. (I've shot thousands of these pills at paper targets, so I've got good dope on them for certain...)

It's a bit troubling to think that Sierra is giving out mixed messages, as some of us trust in the advice from these "respected" sources.

Not wishing to reinvent the wheel, I trust in the truth of certain statements, like "don't fire your rifle after you've stuck the muzzle in the mud", rather than trying it out to see what happens.

But this MatchKing thing appears to warrant personal experience, and I bow to your firsthand knowledge gents.

And maybe it's time to try the Hornady AMAX too, because it's a fine long range bullet (at least to 1,000y in my .308).

Brent

Nate, what load for the 308 are you using with the A-Max? PS. Have fun with your rowdy discussions over there, they'll come around some day. Did I ever compliment you on how diplomatic you guys are? Wow!! Timex tough.

p dog shooter

I thought that Mk thread is very interisting. To bad Bill T isn't playing any more. As you can see we try to give them good advice over there some guys will not belive it no matter how hard you hit them.

Nicholas

You guys crack me up. LMAO

My longest shot is on a mulie at 463 yards (Laser) with a 308 win, it was great! I told my brother-in-laws I was going for the shot, they kept telling me there wasn't anyway I could make the shot. I looked at my data card, adjusted my scope, looked for signs of wind, there was a 2 mile per hour wind. I compensated holding two inches right. I fired and my brother-in-laws jaws dropped, "what the *&ck"! It was a perfect shot, the deer ran 15 yards and dropped. Afterwards they were drooling over my data card and asking how I did it. The funny thing is they are a lot older than me and have hunted a lot more than I have. Oct. of last year was my second year hunting ever! I am 22 years old from a non-hunting family, and I have always wanted to learn to hunt.

I love hunting, and hate it when someone who couldn't hit a milkjug at 100 yards bash on expert marksmen. What my brother-in-laws didn't know is that for previous two months prior to hunting season I had been practices at least twice every week shooting out to 400 yards (max distance my range has). I now have a 1000 range available to me.
Watchout Mulies.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Dave

I'm just getting caught up on my forum reading and saw the AccurateReloading thread on LRH. I posted a response there.

web page

Pretty mild thread compared to most over the few past years. Maybe the education process is working!

Dave King

Len

Yes, this started out pretty vocal but stopped real soon.

I DO believe folks are getting educated about the processes, equipment and skill.

It's pretty refreshing to see the apparent change over the last couple of years.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce