Long Range Target Cam

Spent some time outside the last couple of days and put this together with some scrap wood that was laying around. Figured I'd better put some sort of 'arm' on the target itself to offset/angle the camera unit away from the line of fire. There is 42" between the end of the arm and the target dot on the poster board. If I still manage to hit the camera unit when shooting then I'm just gonna take up knitting or something else as a hobby. Amazing what you can throw together with some wood-screws, Gorilla Glue and duct tape 😂🤣. Rudimentary AT BEST, but effective nonetheless.......and, of course, it kept me out of the house.
View attachment 249373
The goose-neck mount below is threaded on one end to accept the camera unit and has a pretty strong clamp at the bottom that I'll attach to the 'arm' on the target stand. Now I just need a camera...more to follow (I h

Okay.....so the camera came in today! I had a little bit of time after my shift today to mess with it, but I'll have to wait until a week-end (hopefully this coming week-end weather permitting) to put this thing through some paces and mess with the different functions through the Android App. It was very windy here today so no shooting this afternoon, but after establishing connectivity to my tablet I walked 300 yards away from the camera unit and it maintained connectivity with no problems at all. Gonna try and shoot a ladder this weekend at 500 yards and I'm confident that this camera will do just fine.
From what I understand the camera body/housing/legs/stand/base unit, etc is 3D printed and feels sturdy enough, but I wouldn't 'man handle' it out in the field or anything.
Also, I had some questions today about the unit and its connectivity/functionality and emailed 'Kenny' at Desert Precision Gunworks and he stayed in constant contact with me through several emails concerning the initial set-up. The customer service thus far has been outstanding! Had to throw in at least one quick 'selfie'. 😇
64EF570E-BE46-4319-A91D-98B94A5A32A2.jpeg53F49CA3-9397-4E54-8CA7-85C4BE488E9A.jpeg9294154B-FA86-4CAA-B2CA-D486FCCBC189.jpegF3763CF6-42CC-4E76-9755-7E8108B550F6.jpeg774C6726-CD92-466F-AE1F-9BCF212488F5.jpegFB5EC09C-5A55-4EE8-8C52-8B30594472B1.jpegB513E3C5-6362-40E3-88BC-B3FC1D8B1144.jpeg

Okay....so, here's an update. I really wish it was ALL positive. I'm gonna be as impartial and objective as I can considering the limited time I've had to use/mess with this and admittedly the weather conditions here lately have not been the best. Honestly, the weather here has sucked. So....with that being said I went out this morning and shot a ladder with the .300 Win Mag (Berger 215's, H1000, ADG brass, Federal GM215 M's) at 500 yards. Temperature was 28 degrees and very little wind, but we got hit with an ice-storm a couple days ago and EVERYTHING is covered in ice......which melts quite nicely when your legs are on top of it 🥶. I only have 5 consecutive photos showing the progression because I experienced some 'connectivity issues'. I had to get up after each shot and walk @ 75-100 yards to the crest of a small rise in front of my shooting position (prone) with the base unit and tablet and then things would 'connect' again and allow me to take screen-shots of the last fired shot. I'll blame these issues on the 'lay of the land' and guess that the slight rise directly in front of my shooting position might have blocked line of sight connectivity and prevented proper WiFi reception......and as such upon returning to my shooting position the base unit would disconnect again. That was a little aggravating for me and it showed up on the target especially in the beginning with the lower charge weights (note the 'called shots' on the final target pic) 😡. It was on shot #6 that I was unable to re-establish connectivity and had to walk the 500 yards to the target only to find that the main camera unit had shut off for some reason and I never was able to get it to turn back on and as a result re-establish connectivity. I'm guessing that maybe the cold affected the internal battery in the main camera unit and it had died. I started with a full charge though and it had only been outside for about an hour and a half at this point. So, I honestly do not know what to think about that. It's currently being charged back up and we'll see if it will work/connect properly again when fully charged. The good news is that I colored each bullet (2 bullets with same color across each 1 grain spread) and was able to finish the ladder and clearly denote each color against the white poster board. So, I can still positively account where each round impacted due to color coordination as noted in my log-book prior to shooting the ladder. I also got in some good exercise today.😂🤣😂
C8C0402F-ED0B-4B8A-85D8-F92E1F88F709.jpeg121EAF85-7D2F-4D74-BA9A-FB4589121CBD.jpeg353018FF-716D-4EDC-B0F1-45A47D7683E0.jpegBCB3A154-6A24-4A67-BF80-F9EB2B1C54F8.jpegAA7EC487-FDA5-40A9-A859-28F3616AB54B.jpeg846FFDE3-0C07-46C2-8CEA-EB5937DB81B3.jpeg

So, the main camera unit just went back to 'full charge' and everything 'connected' the way it should and appears to be working just fine. I'm betting that I can plug a 'power bank' into the main camera unit and it won't 'die' anymore that way since it will have the internal battery as well as a power bank to run it. I'll be trying that theory the next time I shoot and explore that 76.5-77.5 gr charge weight area. More to follow........when the weather breaks 🥶🥶🥶🥶.

What are some of the 'quirks' you've experienced with your Bullseye Camera? 🤔
Depty, didn't mean to leave you hanging without an answer. Just had a busy week.

I had exactly the same issues you just experienced 😁 Connectivity and battery life.

I probably just need to be more diligent in consistently charging mine and really concentrating on line-of-sight set up. Same issues, bro. Same issues.

Depty, didn't mean to leave you hanging without an answer. Just had a busy week.
Awwww, no problem at all, brother. I totally understand.

I probably just need to be more diligent in consistently charging mine and really concentrating on line-of-sight set up. Same issues, bro. Same issues.
I'm thinking if I can give the base unit a little more elevation and stick a power bank in the main camera unit all will be well.....theoretically speaking for now. 😉

Okay....so, I stopped by Lowe's after my shift today and grabbed some PVC pipes/accessories, nuts/bolts/washers, a galvanized steel threaded pipe nipple and a galvanized iron flange and threw all this together when I got home. Collapsed it is @ 5 ft tall and fully extended is @ 10 ft tall. The wooden basket was just something I had laying around and the WiFi base-unit and battery pack fits perfectly in there. I think this will give me the elevation I need at my shooting position and allow for unimpeded 'line of sight' WiFi transmission/reception. I'll give it a try when the snow and ice is G-O-N-E! 🥶 I also got another power bank for the camera unit and it should work out just fine.
5D2DA6BD-B321-4ADA-B672-E82526B7FDA3.jpeg95AE15BB-1853-4055-9400-BE3AB9D44484.jpeg32067B6C-41D2-460A-94DC-9A036017F841.jpegC60E7E84-D59D-4FC4-8CCA-FFC315547C01.jpeg

Last edited: