Long Range Subsonic loading

"fun" for now to learn what works, right now at 100 got too much vertical ( 1-1 1/2") spread. Once get load worked out have Ivey adjustable base to help. Rocks beware :)

I built a 458 Socom on a savage .243 win so I could run much higher pressures than an AR based platform and shoot the Lehigh 560, yes it is fun and devastating on hogs ! The rounds fit in the mag and feed perfectly, the bullet is HUGE . That is a .223 o n the right for comparison
20150422_165432.jpg
20150529_175806.jpg
!

I built a 458 Socom on a savage .243 win so I could run much higher pressures than an AR based platform and shoot the Lehigh 560, yes it is fun and devastating on hogs ! The rounds fit in the mag and feed perfectly, the bullet is HUGE . That is a .223 o n the right for comparisonView attachment 334993View attachment 334994 !
Looking good! Like to hear range results!
I have three complete orphan lowers begging to be mated to uppers

You're right that I made the assumption that he was thinking of a hunting application. That's where my head always goes automatically. I've looked into these ballistics pretty extensively, and what I mentioned was the conclusion I came to for a hunting application. Animals are never static of course, and like you mentioned, a difference of 25y makes a 20" difference in drop. I had looked at the same scenario as the OP though, to see what it would take to make a reasonable 200y subsonic hunting setup.
With all the new surgical rubber and carbon fiber offerings...reasonable subsonic, that's easy, and super inexpensive ... dramatic savings on powder, no primers, casings necessary....and I have a name for it already....we will call it the SLINGSHOT!

It was good enough for David to slay a giant!
Exactly! And David did that with just a SLING! Think about the uses the new improved SLING SHOT will have especially with an added Red dot sight! OMG! And no barrel changes or bolt faces necessary....it will shoot from 22 caliber to 50 caliber projectiles...now we're talking Versatility at subsonic speeds and NO RECOIL!

Last edited:
Exactly! And David did that with just a SLING! Think about the uses the new improved SLING SHOT will have especially with an added Red dot sight! OMG! And no barrel changes or bolt faces necessary....it will shoot from 22 caliber to 50 caliber projectiles...now we're talking Versatility at subsonic speeds and NO RECOIL!
So no muzzle brake or suppressor? You are so anti business

Recent Posts