long range shooting problem

well, i snatched my friends 300rum from him today and went to my shooting range. i did find that his scope was canted a bit. i took an 8' level and put it out at 200 yards, and then put a level on his scope base. using this technique i noticed his scope was off by about what looked like two inches from top to bottom of the level. i then corrected the scope, re-zeroed at 100 yards and headed up to my 1000 yard range. i decided to test it at my 800yard steel target, i dialed up to 13.5moa, put the level on the base, and the first shot was dead on! no more shooting to the right! 2nd and 3rd shots both hit......problem solved!

looks like the reason both of these rifles were shooting to the right is b/c both were leveled with the same leveling system.

there is nothing like showing one of your friends how to shoot his rifle. lol. thanks everyone!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.