Long Range Shooting Advice

True, all Remmys are not junk, some are good and some not so good. While I have no personal experience with a 300wsm, I have read plenty of post from those that do and I can't recall a one that had anything negative to say...they all seem to love them. You may just want to give it at least a look even though not on your list...liltank knows his stuff so it couldn't hurt to take a look.

You have a lot of faith in my Chas, and thank you. I just try to share what I know and have learned over the years.

Tank

Look into a FN Pbr. The list price is a bit high but their out there to be found for much less, I paid arround 700 for mine. They come stock with a decent and adjustable trigger 2-6 lbs I think. They also sport a hammer forged barrel and full aluminum block bedding. The rifle has impressed most "experanced" shooters that have snuggeled with it, and is still stock. I paired mine with a millett TRS-1 4-16x50 30mm tube optic and have no problem ringing the 1000 yard gong at will in decent conditions with my hand loads. This is just my 2 penies but might be worth a look. Ooh one last thing then ill shut it, the Houge stock makes the recoil of the hot .308's feel more like mild .243's its by far the most comfortable rifle I own to shoot.

liltank, I don't know alot about this stuff but, I do know this, if you hang around long enough you start to get a pretty good idea who knows their stuff and who's always willing to share and help guys like me maybe avoid an expensive lesson or two or spend hours pulling our hair out trying to figure something out or sort through the options. I just call it the way I see it...thanks for sharing your knowledge and time helping folks like us.

Remington.....the only reason Remy's are popular for log range shooting is because any one with a lathe can work on one and look like a gun....and the gun smiths can charge out for the work they put into one.....

Buy your self a Tikka T3 Super Varmint.....in 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag....out of the box for the price can not be beaten, u can to an epoxy bed job your self and you are done, they are floated from factory, awesome factory adjustable trigger.....top it off with a decent Leupold or Vortex on a 10 - 20MOA rail and your done......
Second choice is a Savage but you don't have the cal choice in heavy barrel factory setup......

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts