Long range scope for hunting

i am looking for a long range hunting scope that will see action out to 1000yds regular with steel beyond however I also pack this rifle for elk and am unhappy with the current ffp scope I am using with close or low light shots. I prefer the weight to stay around 24oz

I am considering the zeiss V6 3-18x50

Any other suggestions or comments on the V6?
James

The Bushnell LRHSi on closeout through GAP is by far, the best bargain out there right now. Fantastic scopes at retail, but an absolute steal at $750.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics/bushnell-lrhs-4-5-18x44-g2h-illum.html

John

Can't go wrong with the Leupold VX6 4-24 HD, I have S+B PMii, NF Atacr, and the Leupold is very impressive optically compared to these, time will tell how it tracks but good so far.

Just shared this with James but here is a Picture of the new Sightron S111 upgrade with Zero set Turret back from the custom shop
IMG_1683.jpg

I researched scopes for months and purchased a VX-5HD. The glass is fantastic, as good or better than scopes costing twice as much. The CDS-ZL2 zero stop is incredibly easy to use and very positive so far. I like that the turrets are not too tall for my backpack hunting rifle.

My 25-06 wears a March 2.5-25x42mm with a non illuminated Duplex reticle. SFP
with zero stop. 100 MOA adjustment on elevation and windage turrets. The glass is very good. March USA have them dicounted at present.

For a set and forget, I'm a huge fan of the Swarovski Z5 (not with the ballistic turret). If I could find them reasonably priced, I'd go with the LRHSi. Wishing I'd picked up several when they were <1k. Glass is great and the turrets are spot on.

Burris Veracity 3-15...they have 25moa per rotation and a nice reticle.

True, but if the mad knobs are anything like the one of my 5-25 then you only get about 23.5 before you hit the zerostop pin and can't go up any further than that with out pulling the knob and "re-zeroing" you turret...

True, but if the mad knobs are anything like the one of my 5-25 then you only get about 23.5 before you hit the zerostop pin and can't go up any further than that with out pulling the knob and "re-zeroing" you turret...

True...but 23.5 moa should get 98% of hunters enough adjustment for a hunting rifle.

see my review on the huskemaw. it tracked true and has more features than the scopes mentioned by most here. it also is reliable mechanically again better than most mentioned.

I researched scopes for months and purchased a VX-5HD. The glass is fantastic, as good or better than scopes costing twice as much. The CDS-ZL2 zero stop is incredibly easy to use and very positive so far. I like that the turrets are not too tall for my backpack hunting rifle.
The glass in my vx5hd is better that the glass in the swaro z5, compering them in the store. Also the turrit on the vx5hd is also much better than the z5, and the reticle. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.