Long range scope for .308 under $350???

fetchmax

Any suggestion on a long range scope with mildot and adjustable target style knobs for under $350. Considering the 5-15x40 Bushnell 3200, The Millet TRS 1, or Mueller scopes. Looking to keep it in the 4-16 or 5-15 etc. power range. Thanks for your input. Any other scope suggestions appreciated.

try a buck master, by Nikon the turrets are short but you can zero them out after sight in and the 4-14 have adj obj.

I have a millet trs around, don't think it's seen 100 rounds of use and would let it go cheap.

I think Millet would work for your cause, either Buck Gold or Tactical TRS, both are 4-16

Midway USA has the Millet 4-14 on sale thru 3-31 for $296. It is 30mm and different rings are available every where. They are crystal clear and the Mildot-Bar reticle is really neat. There is a thin dash between each Mildot to give you more aiming points without dialing. The reticle, dots and bars are thin really usable. The LRS-1 is 35 mm and comes with fantastic rings but if you have a thick 20 or 40 MOA like my Ferrel with the recoil lug the factory supplied rings get my scope up a little higher than I like. I put a set of V-Tach on my to get it where I wanted it. I have 2- Really Long Range Scopes, a Night Force 12-42 Benchrest with a R-2 reticle on my 50 BMG and I love that scope with a passion, and a Millet LRS-1 6-25 x56 Illuminated on a custom 338 Rem. Ultra Mag with a brake and it has done everything right and I like it alot. I dought that I will every cough up that much money for a Night Force again now that I have used the Millet alot. You hear people bragging on Bushnell's top of the line 6500's etc, well Bushnell bought out Millet and this is one of their top of the line scopes now.

try a buck master, by Nikon the turrets are short but you can zero them out after sight in and the 4-14 have adj obj.

I have a millet trs around, don't think it's seen 100 rounds of use and would let it go cheap.

What are the specs on the Millet and how much? Would you happen to have any input on the Barska scopes? A lot of scope for the money but how can they do it so cheap?

I have not used the Millet Buck Gold much but since this post a year ago, I built 2 - 20" fluted heavy barrel DPMS AR-10's and have TRS-1's on them and love em. I built a really long range Rem. 700 Police Heavy barrel in Rem. 300 Ultra Mag and threaded the barrel for a 30 cal Miculek Muzzle Brake. On that one I put the 35mm LRS-1, 6-25x and it has held up to the monster and the brake, and few scopes will hold up to a brake much less a brake on a 300 R.U.M. I also have a TRS-1 on a Belgium B.A.R. in 300 Win Mag with a Miculek Brake and it's great for a longer range semi-auto hunting rifle. They are clear as a bell, cross hairs are thin the way the should be. Mine have all tracked right and were very easy to sight-in and have held zero even on the monsters. TRS-1's run around $300 plus shipping and the LRS-1's run around $460 + shipping. Happy Hunting, 338ken

Check SWFA and get you a Vortex Viper, I have one and am very pleased. Also, Midway has sales on the 3-9x40 weaver tactical for $299 all the time.

Some people have mentioned that the new BSA mil/mil in FFP has been holding up and tracking. I bought an LRS-1 for my .22 project, but think that the BSA might not be a bad thing to stick on the hunter in .17hm2

My Garage was full of BSAs from the 250s to the 650Hornets and all the did was leak oil..
just kidding,,,, I had a BSA and it would drift right and left all the time, it would never stay center.
I went to a Bushnell for my Daughters wm.17..
There are some real good Scopes out there, but check out a NIKON I think you will be happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.