Long Range School

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by KyCarl, Oct 15, 2018.

1. KyCarl

KyCarl Well-Known Member

Guys I'm looking for a good Long Range School in the Eastern part of the country.
    I'm at the point that my equipment exceeds my understanding of it?
    I have never had any instruction or the place to find out? And I think a good basic course would
    really help!...Your thoughts?

2. stx

stx Well-Known Member

Don’t know about any in the east but went to the PRL1 class at the NRA Whittington center in Raton, NM in August and it’s an awesome class......helped me put a lot of things in perspective and Shane SaaVedra is a Great Instructor! It would be worth the extra travel and it’s a very nice place to shoot.....beautiful country!

3. KyCarl

KyCarl Well-Known Member

4. sable tireur

sable tireur Well-Known Member

The K&M facility is one of the finest in the nation. Shannon Kay is an excellent instructor as are all of the others on staff. I know most of them. Shannon was part of the original K&M facility in Baker Florida before the split. That facility is now CORE and is exceptional as well. The only drawback there would be how much damage occurred at the facility after the hurricane we just survived. A phone call will answer that.

I wouldn't hesitate to attend any class offered by either institution.

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Farmerboy78, Hand Skills and KyCarl like this.
  5. bill123

bill123 Well-Known Member

Can
    I can't agree more about K&M. Shannon is an outstanding instructor and one of the top PRS competitors. The facility is one of the best in the country. Not much for your wife to do if she doesn't shoot though.

If you are thinking New England, check out the Sig Sauer Academy. The facility is nowhere near as nice as K&M and I found the classroom time to be a bit long.

6. bearhtr2

bearhtr2 Well-Known Member

mfk likes this.
  7. bb204

bb204 Well-Known Member

I think there is one in Alabama. Barbour Creek, if I remember right. Their website looks pretty interesting.

8. Farmerboy78

Farmerboy78 Well-Known Member

I'm a member @ k&m... top notch place... you won't be disappointed

9. KyCarl

KyCarl Well-Known Member

With all the good recommendations and the fact Tennessee is a nice drive from my place in Kentucky. A guy could do it in 3 days and leave the wife home!
    Looks like I should really try it!

Farmerboy78 likes this.
  10. Farmerboy78

he has classes coming up

11. mfk

mfk Active Member

+1 on bang steel:
    http://www.bangsteel.com
    Dan is a great guy and takes a very practical approach to lr shooting. This is more of a compressed practical two day course. you will hit steel at 1k that weekend but they are helping you with wind calls

12. KyCarl

KyCarl Well-Known Member

I checked the Bangsteel site and he put me off. I don't see why he delights in bashing people who can afford nice stuff? His whole presentation seemed too"Kentucky Windage" to suit me? He seems to have a problem with Mils also?
    I'm looking for the WHY more than the HOW?
    I've been reading Brian L's series and the mathematical aspect intrigues me!

13. joseph singleton

joseph singleton Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

DON"T forget to leave her alittle spending money(shoes,outfits,lunch and dinner.etc)makes my hunting trips easier...:rolleyes::):)

stx likes this.
  14. Farmerboy78

check k&m shooting complex...near finger Tennessee