Long Range Rabbit Hunting By Shane Green

ADMIN

Administrator
This is the thread for discussion of the article: Long Range Rabbit Hunting By Shane Green

Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article. The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so he can join the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I shoot a version of the 224 Clark design by a guy called Allen Allen who lived in the
US who unforuneatly is not with us anymore. This case is more like a 224-6mm using blown out 6mm cases and 30 degree shoulder and molly 80 grn JLK's at 3400fps.
It would be interesting to disscuss either on the forum or by email about loads etc, as its soon going to be time to rebarrel and perhaps order a reamer with different spec,s

Regards

Dogfox in the UK

Hi,
I shoot a version of the 224 Clark design by a guy called Allen Allen who lived in the
US who unforuneatly is not with us anymore. This case is more like a 224-6mm using blown out 6mm cases and 30 degree shoulder and molly 80 grn JLK's at 3400fps.
It would be interesting to disscuss either on the forum or by email about loads etc, as its soon going to be time to rebarrel and perhaps order a reamer with different spec,s

Regards

Dogfox in the UK

Just mighty good reading. Excellent shooting! Hitting rabits at 1000 yards shurely is no small achievement.

Thanks!

Thanks Guys
For some reason I haven't been getting post email advices and just stumbled across these.
I knew Len was putting the story up but have been pretty busy at work.
Just looked in now - my version of the 22/6mm Imp manages 3650fps with 80gr Bergers moly. Pretty hot load to be approached with care depending upon brass manufacturer [Norma cases = less capacity than Remington for example] and whether moly or not.
Higher pressures obviously with naked projectiles.
Velocities will vary barrel to barrel in this cartridge due to final internal finish and twist.
My Rock has 1/8.5 Twist.
Aussie Powder Burner

hey Shane
i was wondering when you are next planning to come over to nz. i live just north of chch and do lots of bunnie shooting. currently i am loading 80gr bullets from a guy in the north island. i have a goal to shoot bunnies at 600m.
i was just wondering when you were next coming over, i would love to come and hang out and watch. I also have access to a high country station with wallabies out as far as you could want if you were interested.
cheers rob

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.