Long range precision suppressors

I run an EliteIron on my Sako TRG 338 Lapua and TRG 300 win Mag.. It's performance in reduction of recoil & noise is excellent although it's heavy, built like a tank. I also have two Yankee Hill Phantoms 30cal. and they are as good in all respects as the EliteIron. So I would recommend either of these two brands.

Any information links to setting up a Trust for purposes of obtaining a Suppressor?

The primary advantage(s)?
No fingerprinting requirements, no seeking/begging approval from your local Chief LEO, and in the event of your death no problems with passing them along to your heir's.

Without a trust it is technically a federal crime for you to directly pass your suppressors or class 3 weapons on to your heirs without jumping through a whole lot of hoops.

Couldn't tell you to be honest, I haven't taken it off since I got it.
Totally understand. I usually try it just in case I am ever in a situation where I may not have it on so I know what dope corrections to make. From that point on it is used as often as I am able.

There will be a POI shift with any suppressor. It can be reduced with models that can be "tuned" but anything which changes the harmonics of the barrel is going to cause some change in POI.
True all cans have some effect but all my titanium cans have much less poi shift and the 22 liberty essence has zero shift. I expect some downward shift as it will be run off a 26" stick.

Any information links to setting up a Trust for purposes of obtaining a Suppressor?

I'll add to the others.

If you have a trust you can build your own on a Form 1 and save a few hundred dollars.

I have a YHM Phantom- steel. Works great but built like a tank. Rated for magnums.

I've also built a couple Form 1's. One a dedicated 22lr can. Another for my dad's 6.5 SPC. He's a trustee on my trust so he can keep it on his rifle.

Another big advantage for me is being able to have more than one person that can legally have possession of the NFA item. I also have my son, who is 22yrs old in the Army, as a trustee in my trust. He can take them to the range, hunting or whatever is legal to do with them. If you go the regular route ONLY you are legal to have them in your possession.

I used the silencer shop trust for my purchase and it is as easy as it looks. In Alaska you have to register the trust with the state, but otherwise its a piece of cake. I am waiting on my dealer call to go get my Sparrow, should be any day now. Then on to the big boy cans....

I used the silencer shop trust for my purchase and it is as easy as it looks. In Alaska you have to register the trust with the state, but otherwise its a piece of cake. I am waiting on my dealer call to go get my Sparrow, should be any day now. Then on to the big boy cans....

What Cal's are you wanting to suppress. I have shoot several brands. SAS is my favorite, between 22lr, 6.5CM, 300NM, and 338LP.
Great suppressors for LRH, Precision shooting. Quiet, Light, and accurate.

I've got my Silencerco Sparrow now, so the .22, .17HMR are covered. Initially I'll be suppressing my 25-06, 243, 284, and 30-06. I'm thinking of swapping barrels on the 25-06 to a 300wsm so that's why I'm interested more in the Omega than the Harvester. I'd need a longer barrel with the harvester and would like to keep that gun shorter as it is my go to deer rifle in Missouri.

I have a couple SilencerCo cans and very happy with them. I'm using there 7.62 Specwar and it's works really well. Its also rated up to .300 RUM and uses the ASR mounts. I like the flexibility with these mounts to move it around to different platforms easily My next one will be the .338 Harvestor for the same reasons. If you will ever have anything larger then a .30 caliber rifle I would just go ahead and get the larger .338 version. I shoot the 7.62 Specwar on my 5.56 rifles as well and its just as quite as my 5.56 cans so I wouldn't worry about how well it will suppress smaller calibers. So a .30 caliber can will Cover a broad range if you want to suppress many sub calibers and the 338 can for the larger magnums.

I have a couple SilencerCo cans and very happy with them. I'm using there 7.62 Specwar and it's works really well. Its also rated up to .300 RUM and uses the ASR mounts. I like the flexibility with these mounts to move it around to different platforms easily My next one will be the .338 Harvestor for the same reasons. If you will ever have anything larger then a .30 caliber rifle I would just go ahead and get the larger .338 version. I shoot the 7.62 Specwar on my 5.56 rifles as well and its just as quite as my 5.56 cans so I wouldn't worry about how well it will suppress smaller calibers. So a .30 caliber can will Cover a broad range if you want to suppress many sub calibers and the 338 can for the larger magnums.

The SICO line up is very good. I have a few in my stable. I would look at the SAS Vengeance 338 Suppressor, Lighter, Smaller, Quieter. It leads the 338 suppressor class with 37.5 DB's of reductions.

Here is a Vid of it shooting.

Stats
20oz, Titanium, 10.5" length 1.75" dia, 37.5 DB

I have been very happy with all my SAS Suppressors. Most Accurate Suppressors I have.

Keep calm, exhale, and squeeze.

Through the Silencershop..... Silencerco Omega in the works. Got to handle one locally next to the Harvester 30cal and that made up my mind. Modularity, weight, construction. I want to be able to suppress a short 300wsm and the omega is rated for 20in magnum. Hopefully we can get this one in under 5 months

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts