Long range pistol shoot

tinkerer

Talking to Top Gun shooting club in Leonard, TX (near MckInney, TX, about 40 miles from OK) about hosting a LRSP in Spring 2013.lightbulb

Gauging interest here and at SP pistols about maybe a 3 gun shoot, BR, silhouettes, and field.

If interested, I would like a quick note so I can talk to them about hosting it as well as rates, etc. And if you know any compnay's that might like to sponsor, a line would be great as well. McGowen, Shilen, Speer, whoever.

I will post as I get info.

Larry
Tinkerer

Continuing info.

Spoke with management at range.

If we are interested in having a spring LRSP shoot at their range, the cost would be about $700 per day for the range rentral plus 2 RO's.

So, if we can get a sponsor or 2 for the 1st $250, that would make it about $25 per shooter per day.

We would be repsonsible for targets. Paper would not be problem, steel might. I know of a IMHSA range in OK that closed, so a set of targets might be available, that just leaves paper. Format is easy, there are lots of clubs shooting BR. Field is random, both paper and steel.

So, if interested, know someone who might be at competition ofr LRSP from 100-500 yards on a variety of targets, let me know.

Larry
Tinkerer

sounds like a great opportunity to get out of the cold windy days of a north dakota winter or spring.

I'm finally off the road for the week, but have classes and meetings. So next weeekend I'll drive up there and speak with them in person about how to guaranteee this will happen.

So far, I've had about 4 inquiries. If I can guarantee 10-15 shooters and get a package together, I think everyone would find that good.

So, what do you think is a good price for 3 rounds of shooting for a day. $50? And hopefully some prizes from vendors/sponsors.

Or would a multiple day package be better?

Looking for ideas. I'll work with the range and locals to setup and execute.

Larry
Tinkerer

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts