Long range Pa deer harvest

stenger

Two anterless deer went down in our early season. One at 404 yards and another at an incredible 715 yards. Both shots were on video. Two shots two deer! 45 cal smokeless did the job.

What was the load on the 700yd+ shot and what was the gun? I've seen a guy trying to get max range out of a converted Savage with the 325 Parker, and I think he was losing stability past 600.

73 gr. IMR 4198 325 parker. use extreme caution this load is hot!! my barrel is a kreiger heavy taper! 2700 FPS! Whats amazing is the exit hole was baseball size at this distance. these bullets are amazing

Great shooting!

How much windage would you figure for a 2 mph full value wind at
700 yds?

Nice shooting. So far I've been content with sabots within 500 yards myself, eventually I'll get into sabotless.

Judging from this pressure trace, however, I think I'd need a long string available to pull the trigger on that load myself...
Doug's Message Boards - 325be/.45 pac

Have you thought of Re7? Seems they got better velocity at lower pressure with that and a couple duplexes:
Doug's Message Boards - 325be/.45 pac

id say around 1 min. on the wind.

i have not tried any other powders if you know of any let me know. i know 4350 works but the recoil is crazy.

thanks for the nice comments also! its nice to here something positive

Stenger I have a smokeless 45 and would be interested in watching the video where is it?.

i have it on 1080p HD video and dont have the ablility or the know how to put it on the web. i will work on it and when i get it up loaded ill send it to ya!

soon as i get my editor to pulll it out of the external hard drive ill see if i can get to you guys! that 1080P file is huge so not to sure how it will load!

Thanks good shooting

i would love to see the video and i would also love to hear how you prep the bullets to be shot. I have a smokeless 45 that i built but right now i shoot the 200g SSTs. Just wondering what i have to do to be able to shoot the Parkers sabotless?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.