Long Range P.A. Hoggin!

pa hog

Went out with some guys I went to school with, one of them just happens to be Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles, And another JUDD from this site as well. I had a Blast! These guys are very skilled marksman and great guys!
We only killed one Hog, but they killed a bunch of rocks! I never would have believed the stuff these guys can do with a gun, if I wouldn't have seen it for myself!
Shane and Kevin were shooting rocks and dirt clumps the size of soft balls at 1013 +/- with scary regularity. And Shane made a awesome 467yd head shot on a standing hog, with his Yellow Russo stocked M.C.R 6m.m.-284. We Chrono'ed my .260 as soon as we got there so Kevin could get me some Come-ups on his PDA and before I knew it I was on deck looking at a 685yd shot, would have been my furthest yet but wind,nerves or elevation got me! I missed by a couple inches,
Would have made a great 100th round out of the gun but maybe next time! Like next Thursday!!
100_0480.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0482.jpg

Sounds like you guys had a good time.... as usual :)

500 yard head shots and near misses at 685 yards is something to behold.

I think I see the Corian monster in one of the pictures...

Keep up the good work boys, and report back after next weeks events..

Nice shooting!Looks like you guy's better get all the fun in you can before the corn gets too tall!

Last edited:
We're in Columbia county at a dairy farm for this hunt but we also hunt in Montour county. We do some deer and bear hunting more your way in Lycoming, Potter, Clinton, Cameron and Elk county.

JUDD, Are we on for next week?

Lookin forward to seeing some different equipment, and talkin to you guys.

Yeppie I just talked to Kevin and it's lookin like we are....

Meeting time is 9am sharp at the buckhorn truckstop....

I'll be there earlier to fill my belly....thats was why I was missin 'em last hunt I was hungry:D

Buck Horn truck stop off of 80? I stop there the Friday morning after Thanksgiving at about 2:00 AM for breakfast. I'm on my way from Iowa to Sullivan County deer hunting. Alot of good times over the last 37 years.
Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.