Long Range Optics on a Budget?

I have been looking at the SWFA Super Sniper. I have used a Leupold on my long range gun since 1995, but as this economy slumps so does mu ability or willingness to spend $800 plus on a rifle scope.

I have been looking at the SWFA Super Sniper. I have used a Leupold on my long range gun since 1995, but as this economy slumps so does mu ability or willingness to spend $800 plus on a rifle scope.

I looked around for a used 16x and couldn't find one any cheaper than the new ones! One guy wanted an $325 (new $300) and another would trade me his for my $800 Springfield Micro Compact carry .45. (apparently they hold their value)

I just finally went to the SWFA website and bought one. I'm very happy so far. Lots of vertical adjustment and it tracks perfectly. All the reviews of the scope pit it against the $1000+ scopes. It's not as good but **** close and bullet proof! My bargain basement setup was adding a 28" SS heavy, 8 twist 6mm-06AI barrel to my existing Encore frame and mounting the Super Sniper in Burris Tactical rings on a 20moa EGW base. Total for everything $780!!! I'm still fireforming and doing the last of my barrel break in but it's grouping at .8 while fireforming. And that's with the 100gr. Sierra SP. Just a cheap hunting bullet I'm using to fireform.
(still working up a load for the 105VLD's)
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts