Long Range ? Northeast PA?

ArchAngelCD

Anything around or near the Scranton Area, Northeast of PA? The longest range I can find is 200 yards at the public range in Archbald. Anyone know of something longer that's not too far from me? 500 yards would be great but 300/400 yards is better than 200 yards.

I know you can simulate 400 yards on a 200 yard range with target size but as most of us know it's really not the same. A real range would be fun.

Thank you...

There aren't any long range facilities in NE PA that I know of. However, there is a club just off route 80 that has a 300 yd range with 35 concrete benches and a complete overhead to keep you out of the sun/rain.

The club is the Mainville Sportsman Club and I shoot there myself. They currently have open enrollment if you're interested. Curt, from Curt's Gun Shop in town is the club secretary and can give you all the info on the facility where there are at least 6 different ranges.

You can see their web page here:
Mainville Sportsman Club :: Home

Thank you Sir, I appreciate the information.

Long Island I see. I have a lot of family living on the Island including a son. (and grandchildren)

Anything around or near the Scranton Area, Northeast of PA? The longest range I can find is 200 yards at the public range in Archbald. Anyone know of something longer that's not too far from me? 500 yards would be great but 300/400 yards is better than 200 yards.

I know you can simulate 400 yards on a 200 yard range with target size but as most of us know it's really not the same. A real range would be fun.

Thank you...
I just cam across this old post and I was wondering if you found a club/range? I am from Wilkes-Barre and I am looking for the same.

I just cam across this old post and I was wondering if you found a club/range? I am from Wilkes-Barre and I am looking for the same.
The Mainville club would be a short hop for you. Since my last post they added a skeet range. It really is a great place to shoot. Electronic gates to permit access for members only and regular matches for those that like to compete.

in that area Williamsport is the range I know of . it's 1000 yards .

I was a member of the Williamsport club too. At the time they only had 600yd and 1,000yd shooting. I believe that it's still the same. You must call in advance to make sure that you can shoot on any particular day. Workers work on the property under the line of fire so precautions are necessary.

Thank you...

Rifle out to 1500 yards.

Factoryville sportsman club had a 400 yard range but we're in the process of expanding to 1000 not sure if the work is done yet as I haven't been there in a year or so.