Long range mule deer rifle

For me. It's. My. 270. Weatherby. Mag ! Mark V. Rifle. With a 26inch. Barrel! Very. Flat shooting. Rifle , I Can attest to it Shooting. 130 and. 150. Grn. Bullets. Very. Well ! Took 2. Mule deer in.1980 in Wyoming. Using 130 Grn. Bullets at 3300 FPS at a range of approximately 500 yards ! My opinion the 270 Weatherby mag is a. Great. Long Range flat shooting round perfect for. Medium. Sized. Game at extended range !

For me. It's. My. 270. Weatherby. Mag ! Mark V. Rifle. With a 26inch. Barrel! Very. Flat shooting. Rifle , I Can attest to it Shooting. 130 and. 150. Grn. Bullets. Very. Well ! Took 2. Mule deer in.1980 in Wyoming. Using 130 Grn. Bullets at 3300 FPS at a range of approximately 500 yards ! My opinion the 270 Weatherby mag is a. Great. Long Range flat shooting round perfect for. Medium. Sized. Game at extended range !
What have u hunted with since 1980?

Hi CanHunter 35, I went many years not hunting at all due to a small business I owned. Then I used a Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 270 Win, until I bought my Weatherby Ultralight also in .270 Win. That Ultralight 270 became my go to deer rifle for my annual West Virginia deer hunts. The 270 Weatherby Mag came out of the safe for one Hunt at Mossy Oak farm in Georgia , in 2004 , that I was Invited too. The doctor who won the hunt didn't own a rifle so I loaned him my Model 70 and loaned his young son Glen my Inter Arm mark X Mauser Manlicher ( spelling ) stocked rifle, in 30-06 with a 21 inch barrel. I took a nice buck on that hunt with the 270 Weatherby mag , but young Glen took a giant buck with my 30-06 . I think he was 12 or 13 back then. Mossy oak aired that hunt on their TV show on the outdoor channel, and it was called "Deer School" I will be Taking the Weatherby Mark V in .270 Weatherby Mag to a shooting school in Virginial called Bang Steel this December. Making ammo for it now. I hope to learn about Long Range shooting !!