specs:
34" douglas 1-26 twst. by SMI
6-24 burris black diamond mildot
shooting- 375 gr. WildCat ML @ 2500 fps!!!!! w/ 88 gr. imr 3031

[image]http://
SMIgreen.jpg
[/image]

Sorry here it is.

Here is a pic of a 150" deer i took this year with it in Illinois. [image]http://
ILL150.jpg
[/image]

I'd be interested in hearing more about this rifle. I haven't seen (heard of) too many muzzleloaders that use 3031 powder as a propellant.

Yeah I've read about the Savage ML rifles but they don't recommend 3031. They also use a 24" barrel on there smokeless muzzloaders. What is the advantage of your 30"+ barrel when using 3031?

Congrats on your whitetail kill.

wildworks,

Nice rig and a great buck.
What cal are you shooting? What kind of range and accuracy are you getting.
Where are you located in MI? I am north of GR.

JD338

375 grain bullet @ 2500 fps....that has got to kick a little bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice looking rig.

Is this in a sabot or is this a conical/sabotless?

edge.

Did you ever here of the Ultamate Muzzle loader.
Shoots a 270 gr bullet with 200 grs of 777 or Pyrodex at
2370 fps. This gun can shoot to 500 yrds.with a 26" barrel

The ultimate looks nice, but it is still a smokepole!

Since going smokeless I would never go back...at least not willingly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edge.

Wildworks, what height rings did you use. I have a NEF shotgun that I want to send to SMI, but I heard you can only use high rings and yours don't look high.

This is a .50 cal gun

I am in Lowell MI

this gun shoot sub moa out to 400 yrds! i havent shot past this yet i will get to 500 this spring.

smokeless powder isnt illeagal in IL during the general gun season.

Imr 3031 was chosen because of the burn rate in the 34" tube and the 375 gr bullet.

I have heard of the ultimate but this is the ultimate ML!!! the ultimate still shoots pyrodex , and once you shoot smokeless you will not like to go back very quickly. i can shoot this gun 15 - 20 shots without cleaning. then plastic build up starts making accuracy issues.

wildcatter

these are burris extreame tactical med height. there is alot of room on the nef rail!
Ron and the boys at SMI will do you right! great people there at dewitt tool!

yes recoil on this gun is huge even though it weighs 16 lbs! look at my forehead in the deer pic i have 5 stiches in my head because i was not carefull.

after the spring shooing and bullet testing sessions it will go in for a muzzle break.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.