Long range load

Hi guyz.. thanks for you're help.
I'm not a good tech for ballistic and everything..
I have a lot to learn.
I have a savage long range hunter 11/111 6.5x284 Norma.
I bought accubond
trophy grade 130gr and 140gr cartridge.
So my understanding is that I don't have the optimum load for my rifle…I can't find some long range accubond cartridge 129 or 142 or they're not available anywhere anymore… I don't reload ether..
I saw some 6.5 prc available.. is it fit ?
Or there's something better for long range hunting for that rifle..? 😬
Oooooouuuuch! You best spend a lot of time on YouTube, reading everything you can find on guns and calibers before you ask that gun to go BANG!

For that cartridge, I'd either take up reloading or sell the rifle and select a round that is readily available. There are a few factory loads that are excellet for the 6.5X284, but the pandemic has made availability almost zero and when more available will be quite expensive.

Ok.. i think I'll stick whit normal accubond
130 and 140 gr
…. I bought a lot.. probably stay under 500y whit those for big game..🤷‍♂️

There is another thing to learn with twist rate vs bullet weight and bearing surface. Your Savage 11/111 should come factory with a 1:8 twist rate. I would not buy a bunch of 156gr. bullets, your rifle may not stabilize the heavies in .264 caliber? Berger states that their 156gr. bullets will stabilize in 1:8 twist rate barrel. Of course they will tell average Joe customer that. Most all .264 factory rifles produce have a 1:8 twist rate! I would think that a 1:7.5 or 1:7 twist rate would be much better.

Now I am going to take a right turn and go off topic a bit!

My question to everyone is Why? What is wrong with the try'ed and true 7mm .284 caliber that has a wide variety of bullets weights and different calibers that you can buy ammunition off the shelf (pre-covid craziness and government limitation?).
When it comes to LRH Savage 11/111 I went with 7mm Magnum and don't regret it. Will ethically kill everything in North America at lomg range with capable shooter and most anything worldwide. Ammunition, though expensive if you don't reload, is available at about any sporting goods outlet. Lastly 7mm RM will flat out shoot and has since 1962!

There is another thing to learn with twist rate vs bullet weight and bearing surface. Your Savage 11/111 should come factory with a 1:8 twist rate. I would not buy a bunch of 156gr. bullets, your rifle may not stabilize the heavies in .264 caliber? Berger states that their 156gr. bullets will stabilize in 1:8 twist rate barrel. Of course they will tell average Joe customer that. Most all .264 factory rifles produce have a 1:8 twist rate! I would think that a 1:7.5 or 1:7 twist rate would be much better.

My question to everyone is Why? What is wrong with the try'ed and true 7mm .284 caliber that has a wide variety of bullets weights and different calibers that you can buy ammunition off the shelf (pre-covid craziness and government limitation?).
When it comes to LRH Savage 11/111 I went with 7mm Magnum and don't regret it. Will ethically kill everything in North America at lomg range with capable shooter and most anything worldwide. Ammunition, though expensive if you don't reload, is available at about any sporting goods outlet. Lastly 7mm RM will flat out shoot and has since 1962!
Short answer is personal preference. The 156 WILL stabilize at 800ft ASL in a 6.5-284 @ 2940 fps(Just an FYI). The .284 caliber IS an awesome bullet. I have a couple .284s abandoning the 7mm Rem mag. Pretty close performance using much less powder and less recoil to boot. I still live my 6.5s. Plenty of rifle for most game. Not taking anything from the 7mm mag. Just my choice.

Short answer is personal preference. The 156 WILL stabilize at 800ft ASL in a 6.5-284 @ 2940 fps(Just an FYI). The .284 caliber IS an awesome bullet. I have a couple .284s abandoning the 7mm Rem mag. Pretty close performance using much less powder and less recoil to boot. I still live my 6.5s. Plenty of rifle for most game. Not taking anything from the 7mm mag. Just my choice.
Personal Preference is a great answer. I am just an old fan of the 7mm RM, but I have also left 243 Winchester for 6mm CM due to available factory rifles with faster twist rate to stabilize the 6mm heavies. Why wouldn't I go to 25cal, Personal Preference! I like 6mm calibers.

Because they can! Remington couldn't give away the 284 when they brought it out....so they rebranded and called it the 7 MILIMETER MAGNUM! And oooooh doesn't that sound far more sexy and powerful than 284? Same thing with 264...now 6.5 ....you can get a 6.5 anything now....very sexy!

Personal Preference is a great answer. I am just an old fan of the 7mm RM, but I have also left 243 Winchester for 6mm CM due to available factory rifles with faster twist rate to stabilize the 6mm heavies. Why wouldn't I go to 25cal, Personal Preference! I like 6mm calibers.
Absolutely. I've been running 6.5-284s/260s and 284s for quite some time as hunting rigs. This year I'm headed into the quarter bore world. Heavy bullets finally arrived and at a bit lighter bullet than the 6.5s in a higher BC class, it's got me curious. My 25-284 is almost ready to run. 6mm is a great little round also. Preference tho is what makes life great. We have loads of them in the shooting world.

Because they can! Remington couldn't give away the 284 when they brought it out....so they rebranded and called it the 7 MILIMETER MAGNUM! And oooooh doesn't that sound far more sexy and powerful than 284? Same thing with 264...now 6.5 ....you can get a 6.5 anything now....very sexy!
Considering Remington didn't come up with the cartridge to give it away, Winchester did. And BTW, it was extremely popular in the model 100/88 Winchester offered back on the early 60s. To my knowledge, Remington never even made a rifle chambered for the 284 Win. Norma cartridged ammo for it hence the(6.5)-284 Norma name if I'm correct. Regardless, Yes, 7mm Mag sounds more Bad *** than .284 Win, however, today the .284 Win pretty much matches 7mm mag performance with the best performing powder vs the best performing powder for the 7mm mag. Not quite but Dang close. Much less powder and recoil as well. Lots of very sexy cartridges out today vs yesteryear.