LONG RANGE is on its way!

ENCORE

After 5 years and sending well over 2,000 rounds from my Ultimate Firearms BP Xpress, I finally stepped up to the next level for long range muzzleloading.

My new Bestill Creations LLC rifle is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, and I'll likely be setting outside in a chair waiting for it. :D

I sent my BP Xpress to Bestill and my existing Remington 700 S/A single shot action was used in the conversion to a .45cal. I'll continue to use my Jewell trigger and McMillan Game Warden stock.

The barrel is a premium Rock Creek, 1:19 twist, 8 grove, 45cal. IMO I also had the best available brake installed, an LR Customs T-Rex CSTM. It utilizes the AGS Gen2 breech plug and module system. This custom built rifle is capable of both heavy charges of BH209 and smokeless propellants.

DO NOT CONFUSE THE ABOVE PROPELLANT INFORMATION WITH PRODUCTION RIFLES, WHICH ARE NOT CAPABLE OF USING SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS. THIS IS A HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED MUZZLELOADER MADE TO HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS.

When it arrives, I'll get my Nightforce scope mounted and start the process of learning it's and my abilities. I only hope that this old man can be worth of the quality of this rifle.

The builder sent me a couple photos when he finished up the build that I'll share.

20190620_183313.jpg

20190620_183305.jpg

20190620_183318.jpg

I name special rifles and the builder asked if I'd like the name on the barrel. Heck ya!

20190620_183236.jpg

DU.... NA.... MIS - inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature

I have a similar build in the works but mine is a Brux 20 twist, McMillan Game Scout, with my Super Beast brake and a Jewelll trigger. Actually I'm building 2 like that, one has very similar stock colors to yours, and I'm building a .416 with a Schneider barrel and a Iota stock. One of the .45's is for my hunting buddy. We have muzzleloader deer tags in UT for September so I need to get my rear going on them.

I am excited to see this new LR stick in your hands today.
How longs that new barrel?
Are you planning on trying smokeless powders with it?

I am excited to see this new LR stick in your hands today.
How longs that new barrel?
Are you planning on trying smokeless powders with it?

Yes, it will be shooting both smokeless and BH. I just finished cleaning it up, setting the cheek piece and mounting the scope. When and if it ever stops raining, I set the zero and start shooting in earnest again.

IMG_1582.JPG

I may later change to a lower set of rings. We'll see how it goes....

IMG_1693.JPG

The McMillan stock doesn't show up the color in this photo. When it stops raining I'll take one outdoors in natural light.
This is what the stock actually looks like in proper lighting but with the .50cal Lothar Walther barrel:

IMG_1327.JPG

That's a awesome looking rig love the stock. I have a ASG build launching a 300 accumax at 2950fps. Less than MOA out to 600yds. A blast to shoot. The rest of your rifles are gonna get a break for a while These things are addictive

That's a awesome looking rig love the stock. I have a ASG build launching a 300 accumax at 2950fps. Less than MOA out to 600yds. A blast to shoot. The rest of your rifles are gonna get a break for a while These things are addictive
LOL...…… It just so happens that the Sportsman's Club here has a 600yd range ;)
I'll play with it here at home where I have a 100yd range first then head to the club. I've always liked 300gr bullets and the energy they provide but may go to the 325gr Aeromax down the road.
I believe I'm going to the hardened modules in the future.

Harden modules are a must have a 1.25 shank barrel and are going to shoot stout loads. My standard modules didn't last very long Primer pockets got loose Maybe 4 shots on them

I had a slight issue sizing until I mentioned on FB and Dennis called me. Walked me through the process with a NEW sizing die. Thanks to Dennis for that.
Sent 3 rounds to rough set the scope this morning with the 275gr Fury Star Tip2 bullets.
After the rough setting of the scope, I started to fine tune it a little.

The hanging target tells the rest of the story :)

Range: 107yds
Bullet: 275gr Fury Star Tip2
Propellant: BH209
Wind: 10-15 from NW

5 rounds on new target...…… 107yds

Bestill Creations LLC custom .45cal

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.