long range hunting systems

More info would help.

By mentioning Gunwerks I can assume what you're asking for, but I've taken a Ruger American and most remington 700s out of the box and made hits at 1000y. So that expectation is vague.

There's the MPA ba comp. That is $2000 out of the box 1000y shooter on the other end of the price range and there's everything in between in terms of options.

Fierce, MOA rifles, Best of the West, and Seekins Precision Custom Shop are some of the ones I'm aware of.

I have a Gunwerks (28 Nosler), a Fierce (300 Win Mag), and several Seekins (6.5 PRC and 300 PRC). I am very happy with all of them.

by 1000 yard i am asking about what else is out there that duplacates thier hunting systems.they sam to be at the forfront in long range huntnig at long range.i am aware of the best of the west for at one time they were the same outfit but went out on their own.

Kirby Allen also offers that. He calls it a turn key rifle.
It is indeed that a turn key. I got mine that way from him because I was running out of time before a hunt
Everything was shipped ready to go the week before my trip. First trigger pull by me was 489 yards on a cull ram. And it went right down. After about ten more rounds on a 400 yard range I took a pig at just under 900, 860 something can't quite remember.
If I want a system ready to go I go with him. If not I have a well know builder close to home.

Gunwerks produces a very nice product packaged with a complete rifle system including ammo, scope, range finder, and case. IMO, there are plenty of builders here capable of the same type of rifle and more. Gunwerks has handled all of the variables so when your rifle delivers, you confirm zero and hunt. Thats a great value for many.

I just love the romance of putting all the parts together myself, having a quality smith do my chambering, threading etc., and then trips to the range breaking in the barrel and working up loads. The entire process is very rewarding.

Therefore, I would never be the guy that buys a Genwerks system unless I found a used one at a deal.

thank you all for your time.i watch a lot of their shows and the extreem outer limits shows and was fasinated at how these systems worked for other people.
gary b

I think an important part of the "system" that gunwerks sells, is the 3 day class that I believe comes with the purchase of a rifle system. Many of the people buying these turnkey systems are new to long range, if they weren't they likely wouldn't be forking out the extra money for a second rangefinder, and many of the experienced people like to do at least some of their own work. Gunwerks has a decent set of classes that teach the basics of long range shooting, reading and adjusting for wind, and deciding if you should take the shot or not.

These classes that come with certain rifle systems I believe should be taken into consideration for any type of shooter. If you are experienced and not really interested in taking a class, then the premium that comes with say a gunwerks rifle may not be worth it to you, look at a lane precision, piercision, beanland custom, georgia precision or some custom gunmaker that just makes a phenominal rifle. However if you are new, it would certainly be worth it to look for a rifle system that comes with some training, even if it is more money.

Straitjacket armory out of evanston wyoming does a good job of that too, they offer classes with a full rifle system purchase I believe. I'm sure there are others, Barbour Creek being one as well I think? The instructor actually worked for/with gunwerks at a time.

Last edited:
Another one to consider. Dustin with RMP (Rocky Mtn Precision). I've shot two of his rifles and I'm very impressed. He's a full-service operation and leaves no detail out of the equation.

Kryptek crew (search for Prime Revolution hunting show on Sportsman Channel), and Top Priority, both use Dustins rifles, you can see them in action on YouTube

Check out quarter minute magnums. I had a 7mag built and using the rifle as delivered with their hand loads and load info shot numerous marmots out past 1000 yards, the furthest two at 1402 and a year later in the same place 1400 yards. Elk at 1098.

Another one to consider. Dustin with RMP (Rocky Mtn Precision). I've shot two of his rifles and I'm very impressed. He's a full-service operation and leaves no detail out of the equation.

Kryptek crew (search for Prime Revolution hunting show on Sportsman Channel), and Top Priority, both use Dustins rifles, you can see them in action on YouTube

Interesting, I am actually watching Prime Revolution as I type this. They're all shooting rifles with muzzle brakes without ear protection. I did that once (actually 2 shots 3 yrs ago) and my right ear is still ringing from tinnitus.

Crazy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.