• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Long Range Hunting Gun

MTsmith

This will certainly be a vague post that will stimulate some thoughts....I apologize in advance.

I am beginning my search for a long range gun that is capable of taking elk, deer and antelope out to 1000 yards.
I am open minded to 7mm/.284, 30cal or even 338.
I don't plan on this being an ultra light. Something in the 10-14# range is fine.
Load work up would be a plus. I do reload but I've found that, despite my best intentions, my spring and summers are full with work and family commitments and my true time to devote to load work up prior to hunting season is limited.
A full package with scope, turret, brake, load work up, etc would be ideal.
I don't have a particular price point so please send along any thoughts, guns/package that you may have for consideration.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

Find a gunsmith in you area that has experience building long range rifles and have him build it and you will have a good rifle and save a lot of money. Also you can look for a used rifle and if isn't what you want it can be changed easily. Also there is a 1000 yard club in MT. if you live near there it is wise to go to a shoot and talk to some of the shooters, many of them long range hunt also and may have a rifle for sale. Also do some research on factory outfits as some can be used for long range hunting.
Drags

To everyone that s sent me a pm, please be patient with my response.
I m in the midst of holiday travel and will certainly respond to everyone.
I appreciate the interest and assistance

I have a nice 7mm stw

Attachments

• IMG950311.jpg
    IMG950311.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG950313.jpg
    IMG950313.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG950314.jpg
    IMG950314.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG950312.jpg
    IMG950312.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 79
Another vote for STW. The only bad thing is, unless your willing to buy nosler or Lapua, brass is hard to find.

This will certainly be a vague post that will stimulate some thoughts....I apologize in advance.

I am beginning my search for a long range gun that is capable of taking elk, deer and antelope out to 1000 yards.
I am open minded to 7mm/.284, 30cal or even 338.
I don't plan on this being an ultra light. Something in the 10-14# range is fine.
Load work up would be a plus. I do reload but I've found that, despite my best intentions, my spring and summers are full with work and family commitments and my true time to devote to load work up prior to hunting season is limited.
A full package with scope, turret, brake, load work up, etc would be ideal.
I don't have a particular price point so please send along any thoughts, guns/package that you may have for consideration.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

My opinion Moarifles.com I've got 3 of their guns, they come broke in load developed. They give you loading info or load them for you. Great customer service...28 nosler would be my pick for just one doall... 195 bergers

I have a Remington 700 long range in 300 winmag. comes w a Bell &Carlson stock w aluminum bedding block, 0 degree rail, heavy 26" barrel .830 on the small end. large muzzle brake and adjustable trigger. great starter rifle for long range. $550.00

Attachments

• 20181228_214809.jpg
    20181228_214809.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181228_214824.jpg
    20181228_214824.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 47