Long range handgun squirrel thumpers

Ya, that too.
Also found the scope I want.
68ED373A-0349-4470-AA77-326BDBD3BEBB.png

Over the last few years I have pretty much went handguns for all my hunting. Figured I needed some long range handgun squirrel poppers so I picked these up a while back, aint had a chance to hunt with them yet but this fall will come the reckoning. Top to bottom, S&W model 647 .17hmr, S&W K-22 Masterpiece model 48 .22 magnum, S&W model 648 .22 magnum.View attachment 381053

Nice rimfire rigs.

For squirrels and such, I run a couple of Ruger Single Six's in 22Mag, a 10" and 14" 22LR Contender with old IHMSA Silhouette target sights (very precise) and one with scope (Sometimes a 2-7x LER pistol scope or a 4-12x 4.5" eye relief MOA plexed rifle scope), a stainless Ruger MK II Target "slab sides" with 7" barrel, and a Browning Target with 5 1/2".

Happy hunting!

OK , here is my long range squirrel gun , it a 22 mag , only problem is , in four different hunts , I only hit one , and i hit him in the tail , probably got all hair.
Thanks
D19654B1-0742-4347-8944-8EC473435573.jpeg

Love the looks of that pistol, cornshank!

But of course, "long range" will be defined differently with this one when compared to the rigs the OP presented at the beginning of the thread. 👍🏼😊

Matthias
Yes , don't shoot at squirrels over 75 yds with this one, and i did have one of those plastic laser pointers on it , that I found in the barn , but can't see the little red dot in the woods to good, so took it off.