Long Range Fox Kill 300 SMK *Pics*

Tikkamike

In the summer time I like to get up and go to the range before work while its still cool out. Well yesterday I was out there and as I was leaving I looked up on the hill and there were a pair of little pups watching me. So I decided to go out last night and see if I could whack one at LR with my 338 Lapua I had them on their den at 920 but due to some wind and me forgetting my wind meter i wasn't able to connect. I guessed on the wind but not good enough. So I decided to go out this morning and see if they were still around. glassed and glassed, nothing so I decided to blow on my distress call and almost instantly there was a head on the sky line so I ranged it hoping I had ranged the fox and not the hill in front of him I dialed in my scope on my 338 Lapua to 624 yards and sent a 300 SMK flying which made him disappear I wasn't sure if I had hit him until I saw him flopping around like a head shot rabbit.. Here are the results

2011-07-20062008.jpg

2011-07-20061904.jpg

2011-07-20062130.jpg

I love this time of year because the coyote and fox pups are starting to leave the den and will soon be stupidly wandering around for easy pickens. I plan on doing a bunch of calling starting in the next week or so

TM: Right on! Looks like you "use enough gun!" My son killed a coyote at 260 yards from our truck this morning. YOY pup just wandering along like there was noone else in the world but him. My son actually felt bad when he walked up to him but I told him that they all grow up.

Nice shot!

Hey good shootin Mike!! Nice Job:)

I used to do a ton of summer coyote hunting, lots and lots of action this time of year.

Never got one beyond 600 though, not yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.