long range factory gun

krake22

im looking for a long range hunting rifle for elk deer bear elk to 600-700 yards. looking a pretty much factory gun to do this. up in the air in what to by 7mm 7UM 300 300 wsm an ideas on that also

The Remington Sendero is a very good choice and also the new Long range savage. Any of the rounds you mentioned would be fine. It's basically personal preference for your type of hunting and what you are comfortable shooting.......Rich

the rem sendero are getting alot of of points.. 3FINGERVIC what is that savage you have? and did you have to do anything to it after you bought it? same goes for a sendero do they shoot good at long range from the get go or do you have to do some stuff to it first?

If you can find a rem 700 pss, that is what i would go with, no question about it. They come in .308, 7mm mag, and .300 wm. I have a 7mm mag and am working on getting a .300 wm. Just my opinion though.

shootinfool and the PSS what kind range would you say they have out of the box on hunting game like elk bear and deer? do they need any after market parts prob a trigger i would say but thats ok with me.

I would look at a Remington Sendero or a Weatherby Mark V in 7mm STW i have the latter and love it i know a couple people who have the Sendero and they shoot great. Also the new Savage is supposed to be a real shooter as well. I would go with something in the 7mm family better BC bullets.

I own a stock 300wm 700 pss. Out if the box with 190 Sierra match kings it shot 1/2" groups at 100yds and 3.75" groups at 600 yards.

I've always felt the pss is a better weapon because of feel and operation over the sendero. It's literally identical but it just feels different in some instances. It operates truer and cleans easier. If you look hard. There were a few made in 300 rum also not too Long ago.

Well you already know where I stand. Savage all the way. You can't beat the performance that Savage will provide out of the box. I will admit that the synthetic stocks that are non-HS Precession stocks are very tupperwareish, but the new Accu-Stock takes up that slack and makes a real shooter. You buy any Remington, Howa, Vanguard, they will shoot, but you have to do trigger work. Depending on the model you may even have to get the action bedded or pillars put in. You could always buy an after market stock, but then you could have just bought a Savage in the first place. Just my opinion.

Tank

The Remington Sendero is a very good choice and also the new Long range savage. Any of the rounds you mentioned would be fine. It's basically personal preference for your type of hunting and what you are comfortable shooting.......Rich

+1
These are hard to beat.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.