long range deer shot 545 yards

stenger

guys check out parker 325 grain bullets BC of .430. i just shot a deer at 545 yards with these bullets. they are awesome!!!

Do not see a Parker 325 grn bullet on their website. 545 yards is quite poke with a muzzleloader. What brand of rifle are you using?

the bullets are posted on his site under the blogger. they are new just came out in oct. I have tested them to 600 yards with awesome results. my real world BC results from shooting are right at .430 which is what is posted on the box.

I have a custom smokeless which is 45 cal. shooting 73 gr of IMR 4198 at 2650 FPS. Even if you shoot black powder these bullets are a huge gain in BC over conventional muzzleloader bullets. I filmed the shot with a GL2 camera and am going to try and post it. Bob Parker is getting a copy and he is putting it on his web site so watch for it there if you dont see it here. Computers are not my thing!!! Its awesome you can see the vapor trail from the bullet all the way to the deer. Then the deer drops in it's tracks. It is taking 16 MOA to 600 yards and I have shot three inch groups at that range. I was at the range and out shot a savage target rifle at 600 yards with a muzzleloader!!! Night force scope 5.5X22 NSX. Also huge exit hole about the size of a baseball

Last edited:
What type of custom .45 is this? Is it a Savage converted with a PacNor barrel, one of the SwingLock guns or what?

The reason I ask is that load sounds extremely stiff for a converted Savage or Remington action, but the swinglock guns seem to take higher, so the context is helpful.

I have heard initial good reports on the bullet but not performance on game yet.

I have shot conventional MLers out to 500 yds with the 325gr FTX and been around MOA, though it required "a bit" more drop compensation, so this is not unwordly.

Last edited:
SNIP.

Even if you shoot black powder these bullets are a huge gain in BC over conventional muzzleloader bullets.

SNIP

I doubt that a conventional ML will have the needed twist to stabilize those bullets!

It is not a slam dunk with Quickload to figure the pressure, but my program would estimate a velocity of 2668 fps @ 58kpsi.
Powder shows as all burnt in 14 inches!

edge.

its a 1/20 twist at 30 inches. Remington 700 with a jewel trigger! I have shot N120 out of it with good results! h4350 works but it takes a lot more powder. With 275 gr bullets i have had it as fast as 2900 fps. Richard Franklin built the rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts