Long-Range competitions in Georgia

EdWalton

I've got room to shoot out to 1,500 yards at the power line on the hunting lease. But I'd like to see, & meet shooters with practical long-range experience. Are there any long-range rifle competitions in Georgia?
Thank You

Ed

Ed, yes there is Cool Acres Ranch, Swainsboro, Ga. Eric owns and runs 1000 yard and less matches thru out the year. Search Cool Acres and you will find the info you are looking for. He is a heck of a nice guy and willing to help everyone. Another place is AIM Rifle Club, over in Blakely, Ga. Bill Walters runs monthly shoots on this multiple facility. 1000 & 600 yard F/Class with electronic target system. Check them out search Aim Rifle Club. I think they hold F/Class at Ft. Benning also.

Ed, yes there is Cool Acres Ranch, Swainsboro, Ga. Eric owns and runs 1000 yard and less matches thru out the year. Search Cool Acres and you will find the info you are looking for. He is a heck of a nice guy and willing to help everyone. Another place is AIM Rifle Club, over in Blakely, Ga. Bill Walters runs monthly shoots on this multiple facility. 1000 & 600 yard F/Class with electronic target system. Check them out search Aim Rifle Club. I think they hold F/Class at Ft. Benning also.

That's what I'm looking for!

Thank You

Ed

Ed, have you ever been down to Parker's Gun Shop in Pearson? They had a 850 yard range right off of SR82? We used to shoot there monthly, range was open to the public at a cost of $5.00 per day. A couple of close calls and that stopped. It became more of a liability then an asset for Parker and he shut it down quick. There wasn't enough money coming in from it to have a full-time RO, just my opinion. You could give Whiddens Gun Shop a call. Those fellas may give you some info, besides John he has other good comp shooters that work for him that will help a person out.

Don Dunlap

Looking for someplace to shoot distances of 500-1500. I am located as far east as you can go in NC. First choice would be shooting steel with PRS series shooters.

2nd need (less often) is out to 2500 with good backstops (or mountains).

If I were to find another retired guy, we could travel for 3-7 day trips for good shooting conditions.

GROUNDHOGS SHOT FOR FREE!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts