Long range club proposed in central Mississippi

PhillipM

Greetings all,

There was a 600 yard range in Bogue Chitto that closed 4/1/12 due to property transfer, and the new owners want nothing to do with a gun range.

Highpower, F-class, and some blackpowder shooters are in the process of banding together to establish a long range club, and buy or lease property for a range. We hope to stretch it to 1000 yards and right now we have some gravel pits with dug out bluffs to check out.

So far we have had one meeting of a few dedicated shooters. We are putting out a hue and cry for anyone interested in long range shooting in central Mississippi to express interest. Once we have a dedicated group willing to put up some cash, tentatively $1k or so based on what the average hunting lease in these parts goes for, we will band together and form a new LLC with focus on mid and long range only.

I am already in contact with the NRA range development officer, Richard Whiting, and have had the state firearms owners association offer to send me to NRA range development clinic in Atlanta next spring.

pm or email me if you want in.

Phillip McGregor

[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.