Long Range Ballistic Calculator

jammer300

I'm using the Vortex LRBC program to get the drop chart information for my Vortex 4x12x40 BDC rifle scope on my 300 winmag. I'm shooting a 200gr LRX at 2780 fps @ the muzzle and the scope is zeroed for 200 yards. When I enter all the info under the G1 format it tells me that at 600 yards my bullet only drops 11.4" has a velocity of 1924fps and energy is 1644 ft-lbs. It only dropping 11 inches at that distance doesn't sound right to me. Would the results be different if I used the G7 format, is one better than the other?, I just tried to get back on Vortex's website to run it thru the G7 but its not letting me at this time. I appreciate the help.

I think you're right. I was just looking at it again and noticed that it was in MOA. Thanks for the reply den :)

1moa=1.047inches @ 100yrds. For 600yrds multiply 1.047 by 6.
G7 would give you more accurate reading. A ballistics calculator is only as good as the info put into it. (Garbage in=garbage out) but the g7 standard will get you closer on average to point of aim

So at 600yrds 1moa=6.282". Multiply this by 11.4moa and that goes you 71.6" of drop at 600yrds.
This will have to be verified, but it will get you close

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.