Long Range Antelope Round

No, it was a low front chest shot that had the typical 1/2" hole in 1.5" exit with major damage between. Haven't recovered many of the 140VLD's on medium game. This guy was shot at 650 yards. I really like the way the 140's perform on medium game when driven at 2950-3000FPS.

Myself and two buddies have take 3 antelope at 350, 430 and 500 yards with my .300WM 185gr Berger VLD pushing 3000fps. I first thought the .300WM might be a little excessive for goats, but each one was a one hitter quitter with virtually no meat loss.

A 6.5 creedmoor would be a good option...if you dont handload go with 129 sst superformance or if you handload either 123 or 140 amax...if you really want to extend your range 264 win mag or 26 nosler with 140 grain bullets would slay them goats...but the creed will still get you way out there with less recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.