long range antelope--kinda!

losthelegend

I haven't posted much on this forum because I have never thought of myself as a long range hunter. But, all of this money I have spent on a rangefinder, optics, ballistic apps and time spent reloading and practicing has finally paid off! I was able to harvest this antelope in the WY high desert at 543 yards with a 270 win in a Rem 700 BDL with a single shot! My previous longest shot was my elk this year at approx 180 yards. I am currently waiting for my 338 lapua on a Rem 700 action to be finished being built, so I am super excited to get started and hopefully become a better shooter! I have read and read hundreds of posts on this forum and have gained tons of knowledge! Thanks for all your posts!

photo[2].jpg

That's a good poke at a good pronghorn! Congratulations. My brother and I and 2 friends have agreed to put in for WY pronghorn for 2013.

Please share your 270 load and how it does on target.

All the best

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.