Long range 6mm hunting bullets

I'm alittle confused on what your trying to say. I didn't say the bullets didn't expand because obviously they did. I was just saying that even though the tips on the 109 bergers are pointed (meaning a very, very small meplat) they still seemed to expand fine without out me opening them up or cleaning them out. The 3100 fps I'm sure helped that process. I'm also a big fan of the old 140 amax. Killed many deer and other small critters with it as well as the 140 Eld-m
I probably mis-read your post. It read like "without opening up the tips, they blew the woodchucks apart". Sounded like your meaning was, the bullet never opened up but the tips blew the chucks apart. I see you meant without YOU opening up the tips. My bad.

I probably mis-read your post. It read like "without opening up the tips, they blew the wiodchucks apart". Sounded like your meaning was, the bullet never opened up but the tips blew the chucks apart. I took it wrong I guess. Regardless, the ELDs and Amax bullets WILL work for any deer or big four legged critter you hunt with it.
Yeah that's my bad I probably should've worded that differently. I'm a firm belive that the eld-m is THE best whitetail bullet out there. Go heavy for caliber at moderate velocity and they will do their job. Period.