Long range 22lr

I don't think so ! Buddy sent me pic couple hours ago. I'm going to see what he knows about it. Looks like 22 cal. Bullet in a 50 cal. Case maybe.
Not trying to hijack thread. Sorry.
No but this one was real.

.22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer

50 mph is breezy here. 😉
You're making me want to get a good bolt action .22 to try long range. I have a lot of .22 ammo. I used to mess around with my Marlin .22 mag at long range with different ammo. 200 yards was no problem but don't recall any further. I have a 6x24x50 of some kind on it. I forget. The Tika for $550 sounds tempting. I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor I haven't shot in a few years. I like it. Thanks for starting the thread....🤔
Yeah it's a blast and super cheap, my rifle likes cheapish aguila pistol match for like $3.50 a box. And does okish with federal auto match. I had a Athlon Midas tac 4-16 on it but the scope was so much lighter than my sig tango 6 2-12 that was on my tikka t3 superlite 6.5x55 hunting rifle/ medium range steel plunked that I swapped the scopes around. I think both scopes are great but the sig is a tank so it's on my 22 now.

Tikka T1x bedded into a weighted GRS Sporter stock. Arken EP-4 6-16 FFP MIL/MIL. Arken rings (second pic). 30MOA Area 419 rail. Mountain Tactical bolt handle. Right now shooting Prime semi auto. It is very capable out to 330 yards. I have not shot it any farther yet. 12lbs as shown.
79FDD091-F32A-4DD4-B51B-4FA07AF0AD98.jpeg
A02E7DA8-7C21-4519-B5C6-227D1E1673BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mark and Sam have a video that disproves this. I haven't tested myself but they do and it seems disproved to me. I think the main variance is that the high velocity stuff isn't usually very consistent as far as powder and bullet weight etc.

it'd be fairly easy to test yourself. standard or hv should be subsonic by 150 yards so go out and shoot groups at 200 see what happens
Being from Oz I have watched all of "Mark and Sam after work" posts. They have shot .22rf out to 900yds and just about every cartridge up to 50bmg. The max they have shot out to is just under 5000yd on a 24 x 24 inch plate. It was either a 375 ChyTac improved or a 416, can't remember which but both were way better than the 50bmg.
They have demonstrated that that 22lr transition is not a problem as it is all over before 100yd.
Their preferred round for 22rf for l.r. and u.l.r. is the CCI Velocitor and from memory it has about 90 moa at 500yds.
Definately worth checking them out if you are interested in U.L.R.

Yeah it's a blast and super cheap, my rifle likes cheapish aguila pistol match for like $3.50 a box. And does okish with federal auto match. I had a Athlon Midas tac 4-16 on it but the scope was so much lighter than my sig tango 6 2-12 that was on my tikka t3 superlite 6.5x55 hunting rifle/ medium range steel plunked that I swapped the scopes around. I think both scopes are great but the sig is a tank so it's on my 22 now.
I have enough 22 ammo to last me till I die. I have a 5x25x56;Strike Eagle new in a box I got for $140 after store half off discount and Vortex bucks I earned while working there for awhile. Don't know, it may too big with 56mm objective. Heavy enough. The Tikka is sounding good now.

Being from Oz I have watched all of "Mark and Sam after work" posts. They have shot .22rf out to 900yds and just about every cartridge up to 50bmg. The max they have shot out to is just under 5000yd on a 24 x 24 inch plate. It was either a 375 ChyTac improved or a 416, can't remember which but both were way better than the 50bmg.
They have demonstrated that that 22lr transition is not a problem as it is all over before 100yd.
Their preferred round for 22rf for l.r. and u.l.r. is the CCI Velocitor and from memory it has about 90 moa at 500yds.
Definately worth checking them out if you are interested in U.L.R.
I just watched one of theirs last night and they were shooting 22LR at 1000.(newer video) Took them a while to dial them in.
They also used a 7x35x56 NF on a pretty high MOA rail. They also had Charlie Tarac on it with 200 MOA if I remember correctly.
They sure have thrown a lot of lead down range...a long ways down range!

My Vudoo 360 action came in yesterday so I will have a loaded T1X in a KRG Bravo Chassis, ATS Tuner, etc. for sale soon if anyone is interested.

Going with a Kreiger 23" barrel in MTU contour in a Foundation Centurion on the new gun so it will match my 6BR. I never thought rimfire LR and PRS could be so much fun. When I was a kid I thought 50 yards was a long shot with a 22LR and now 300 and beyond is commonplace.

IMG_1733.jpegIMG_1734.jpeg

I just watched one of theirs last night and they were shooting 22LR at 1000.(newer video) Took them a while to dial them in.
They also used a 7x35x56 NF on a pretty high MOA rail. They also had Charlie Tarac on it with 200 MOA if I remember correctly.
They sure have thrown a lot of lead down range...a long ways down range!
G'day bluedog69.
I'm glad you watched one of their posts as they are a mine of information as well as good videos to watch. Being retired they fill in time for me
They compete against each other occasionally with .22 golf one I have picked up as expensive props are not needed.
I hope you enjoy more of their videos.
Keep well. Steve.

I am trying to build my CZ455 towards being able to shoot 200 and beyond accurately; theyre dirty quiet with subsonic and an element II

I am trying to build my CZ455 towards being able to shoot 200 and beyond accurately; theyre dirty quiet with subsonic and an element II
The CZ455 is easily capable of shooting out to 200 yards/meters with the correct mount, scope, and ammunition. You don't really need all that much to reach out there. Get your dope figured out and have at it.